Well done Brazil
(10-31-2022, 12:23 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(10-31-2022, 12:01 PM)Ted Maul Wrote:
(10-31-2022, 11:57 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(10-31-2022, 11:45 AM)Ted Maul Wrote: One thing that is pissing me off is all the libs that prevented Corbyn getting elected here are now celebrating a bloke who is about as closely aligned with him as you can get. Make your minds up.

Corbyn wasn’t electable to the U.K. population or many in the press. That’s not the fault of the WBAunofficial Libs.

More of a societal moan than a bored moan. 

Not enough people willing to question why to your first point, all too many willing to accept more dross and now we're left with Starmer as the great hope of the left. What a great alternative that is.

Felicidades to the people of Brazil.

Starmer is infinitely better than Corbyn, that is correct.

That's all well and good but we're no closer to understanding why;

Lula = good.
Corbyn = bad.

Despite the fact their politics are basically the same to the extend Corbyn was in Brazil for the final few days supporting the Lula campaign.

Make it make sense.
(10-31-2022, 12:41 PM)Ted Maul Wrote:
(10-31-2022, 12:23 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(10-31-2022, 12:01 PM)Ted Maul Wrote:
(10-31-2022, 11:57 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(10-31-2022, 11:45 AM)Ted Maul Wrote: One thing that is pissing me off is all the libs that prevented Corbyn getting elected here are now celebrating a bloke who is about as closely aligned with him as you can get. Make your minds up.

Corbyn wasn’t electable to the U.K. population or many in the press. That’s not the fault of the WBAunofficial Libs.

More of a societal moan than a bored moan. 

Not enough people willing to question why to your first point, all too many willing to accept more dross and now we're left with Starmer as the great hope of the left. What a great alternative that is.

Felicidades to the people of Brazil.

Starmer is infinitely better than Corbyn, that is correct.

That's all well and good but we're no closer to understanding why;

Lula = good.
Corbyn = bad.

Despite the fact their politics are basically the same to the extend Corbyn was in Brazil for the final few days supporting the Lula campaign.

Make it make sense.

As much as I dislike the Conservative Party they are not trying to cut down the Amazon rainforest alongside general opposition to measures in order to preserve the environment and trampling the rights of indigenous populations by seizing land.

Not to mention on foreign policy Corbyn can only be described as a sixth form tankie in the body of a 73 year old with the ultimate effect being that Corbyn's foreign policy positions are closer to Bolsonaro than they are to Lula's.
(10-31-2022, 09:40 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Let’s hope that the U.K. has the collective IQ and integrity / morals to do similar when the time comes. Sadly I have my doubts.

Fingers crossed, although it shouldn't have to come to that given how detestable the Tories have (finally) become to many people.

As for Brazil, whilst I'll be delighted to see the back of Bolsonaro, who's a mini-Trump (and was wholeheartedly endorsed by him), I gather the congress/parliament/whatever is still under the control of Bolsonaro's party, which will make it very difficult for Lula to get his policies enacted.

We should also bear in mind that 49% of Brazilians voted for Bolsonaro despite his derangement. He's yet to concede defeat of course, so who knows what he's up to still. Meanwhile, Bolsonaro-supporting lorry drivers have been blocking roads right across the country. Other Bolsonaro nutters gathered at military bases to try to get the armed forces to stage a coup.

Those inclined/brainwashed towards the far-right just can't accept defeat can they....