Left back
How do we solve the appalling form of Connor Townsend? Been out of sorts for a long while now
Drop him. Ashworth has looked solid whenever he's come into the side and certainly Reach is capable in that position.
(10-30-2022, 10:50 AM)Ted Maul Wrote: Drop him. Ashworth has looked solid whenever he's come into the side and certainly Reach is capable in that position.

About time  Ashworth is due his chance.
(10-30-2022, 10:54 AM)Remi_Moses Wrote:
(10-30-2022, 10:50 AM)Ted Maul Wrote: Drop him. Ashworth has looked solid whenever he's come into the side and certainly Reach is capable in that position.

Certainly never let us down, neither has Reach for all the flack he takes.
For me, Connor needs dropping completely or loaning out for a while. Reach as 1st choice with Ashworth as back up. At some point we will then know whether we need to sign another.
(10-30-2022, 10:48 AM)CaptainFantastico Wrote: How do we solve the appalling form of Connor Townsend? Been out of sorts for a long while now

Play 3-5-2 (or whatever) without him.  Should be sent on loan or sold in January with Furlong.  Both useless.
His nose gets in the way of his football. Atrocious player..
Reach has always done OK there which is more than can be said for CT who hasn’t looked the same since we gave him a new deal.

As inexperienced as they are, neither Ashworth nor Ingram can do much worse than the current “fullbacks”
(10-30-2022, 10:56 AM)Ted Maul Wrote:
(10-30-2022, 10:54 AM)Remi_Moses Wrote:

Certainly never let us down, neither has Reach for all the flack he takes.
Correct. I have no idea why we don't play Reach there
Both full backs are awful and we don't have adequate cover so I think we have to go 541. We can them afford to bring Ashworth in as he wouldn't be so exposed. Kelly or Dara on the right.

And no I'm not Tony Pulis so you can't claim your fiver!. We are just at the point were we need to stop conceding first and foremost.