Moyes odds tumbling
(03-11-2019, 09:27 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 08:06 PM)B36baggie Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 08:03 PM)GMBaggie Wrote: If we end up with someone just to fill the job till the end of the season what the fuck was the point in sacking Moore?

19 Years ago we appointed Megson who was uninspiring, pragmatic & got us to stop conceding stupid goals. Whilst uninspiring, Mpyes would have our 'Premiership' squad better drilled & not conceding soft goals in no time. 

Definitely not the long term solution but I wouldn't be against him short term at all.

The ones not good enough for the premiership last season.
Mebbees or not properly managed, Shabs. The latter, is my view (until too late); good enough a league lower to be marshalled for top 2 except for the template being ripped up for some sort of misplaced idealism.
This x 1000
(03-11-2019, 08:03 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 07:52 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote: https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/foo...id-wagner/

Wagner has said no for now anyhow. But they seem to hope he might be interested in the summer. So we may look at short term appointment if Joknovic says no - the bookies clearly think that's Moyes.

I reckon if Jocanovic says no, we might well go down that route.

That’s fucking bollox.

Why sack Moore without someone already lined up?

Exactly - could have half understood and accepted it if someone appointed on Sunday/Monday. As it stands looks like we're now going into the Swansea game and potentially Brentford games as having nobody in charge. 

That would make it look even more knee jerk and totally clueless
I'd rather have May than Moy, an' that's saying a lot. No, no, non.
(03-12-2019, 06:14 AM)Stevel Knievel Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 08:03 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 07:52 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote: https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/foo...id-wagner/

Wagner has said no for now anyhow. But they seem to hope he might be interested in the summer. So we may look at short term appointment if Joknovic says no - the bookies clearly think that's Moyes.

I reckon if Jocanovic says no, we might well go down that route.

That’s fucking bollox.

Why sack Moore without someone already lined up?

Exactly - could have half understood and accepted it if someone appointed on Sunday/Monday. As it stands looks like we're now going into the Swansea game and potentially Brentford games as having nobody in charge. 

That would make it look even more knee jerk and totally clueless
If no one is in before Swans, and Shan wins-you can imagine what Jenko’s mind will start thinking
Pfroblem with Moyes is that he starts like a tortoise before breaking into a sloth sprint. How many times did his Everton team just beat relegation over the last few games?
(03-11-2019, 08:03 PM)GMBaggie Wrote: If we end up with someone just to fill the job till the end of the season what the fuck was the point in sacking Moore?

19 Years ago we appointed Megson who was uninspiring, pragmatic & got us to stop conceding stupid goals. Whilst uninspiring, Mpyes would have our 'Premiership' squad better drilled & not conceding soft goals in no time. 

Definitely not the long term solution but I wouldn't be against him short term at all.

Although they managed to finish mid table the season beforehand.
(03-12-2019, 09:34 AM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:

Although they managed to finish mid table the season beforehand.

The argument then with many of the same players was the squad was under performing. It seems the quality of our former Prem players is like plasticine you can mould and bend them into any argument you like. Don’t like a former manager declare the squad is top ten Prem quality, like a manager declare it play-offs / midtable Championship in quality and we can’t expect them to go up automatically.
(03-11-2019, 09:33 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 09:29 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 09:13 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 09:06 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 08:56 PM)Dumbo Wrote: They’ve got candidates. People to potentially interview.

Sacking Moore at this stage they should have had someone ready to step in immediately.

You'd advocate doing a full interview process and getting someone ready to sign while Moore was still in a job? My god I can just imagine the "disgusting way to treat Moore" slating they'd get for going about it like that!!

Absolutely. If they felt he was no longer up to the job, that’s exactly what they should have done.

It’s March ffs.

Loads of fans would have slated the club for doing that to Moore. The club can't win.

Fans slate their clubs over anything and everything. 

As I said, if the board felt Moore was no longer up to it and needed replacing, they should have already had their man ready to step right in. The new boss will have less than 10 games left after Wednesday.

Disagree, it would have been “how dare they do that to Moore” etc etc. Too much pant wetting going on, Shan is fine for two games, we’ll make the play offs whether we appoint today or next Monday. Too much overcreaction going on as usual.
(03-11-2019, 09:04 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote: Imvho they have to apoint someone before weds in time to work with the squad(all be it limited time) for the Brentford game(watching brief for swans) any later than that and that game is lost so the new bloke effectively only has 8 games to work with no margin for error at all.

I'm prepared for a frustrating, exasperating and potentially unfulfilled wait well into next week, as they give themselves the international break ahead to sort out the detail.