Moyes odds tumbling
(03-12-2019, 10:13 AM)Lillwall\s left foot Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 09:04 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote: Imvho they have to apoint someone before weds in time to work with the squad(all be it limited time) for the Brentford game(watching brief for swans) any later than that and that game is lost so the new bloke effectively only has 8 games to work with no margin for error at all.

I'm prepared for a frustrating, exasperating and potentially unfulfilled wait well into next week, as they give themselves the international break ahead to sort out the detail.

I’d forgot about the international break. Awaits quiet announcement in the middle of England game that James Shan has been appointed until the end of the season.
(03-12-2019, 10:40 AM)Juan Quidonqui Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 09:04 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote: Imvho they have to apoint someone before weds in time to work with the squad(all be it limited time) for the Brentford game(watching brief for swans) any later than that and that game is lost so the new bloke effectively only has 8 games to work with no margin for error at all.

I'm prepared for a frustrating, exasperating and potentially unfulfilled wait well into next week, as they give themselves the international break ahead to sort out the detail.

I’d forgot about the international break. Awaits quiet announcement in the middle of England game that James Shan has been appointed until the end of the season.

Appleton till the end of the season, then reboot?
Thing is, he's available, wants to do it. And if you're being cynical, cheap.
(03-11-2019, 09:06 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 08:56 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 08:15 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 08:03 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 07:52 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote: https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/foo...id-wagner/

Wagner has said no for now anyhow. But they seem to hope he might be interested in the summer. So we may look at short term appointment if Joknovic says no - the bookies clearly think that's Moyes.

I reckon if Jocanovic says no, we might well go down that route.

That’s fucking bollox.

Why sack Moore without someone already lined up?

They have got people lined up.

They’ve got candidates. People to potentially interview.

Sacking Moore at this stage they should have had someone ready to step in immediately.

You'd advocate doing a full interview process and getting someone ready to sign while Moore was still in a job? My god I can just imagine the "disgusting way to treat Moore" slating they'd get for going about it like that!!
I’d advocate getting something in place before we make such a big decision at such a crucial point in what is acknowledged to be a crucial season. 
It seems we never had as solid a plan as thought after all
(03-12-2019, 10:40 AM)Juan Quidonqui Wrote:

Given how we performed over the last months of DM's reign I don't see Jimmy Shan as a step down. He will almost certainly have the players full commitment and will know the formation best suited to their abilities.
Whatever the impatience, we won't realistically get a man in to train and prepare for the 2 games this week. I'm hoping the club actually have a long term plan (Yes, I know!), and are talking to candidates about it.
Re Moyes. I've seen just about enough "experienced managers" to last a lifetime. Jokanovic and Neil both have something to prove. I'd be happier with them or someone of that ilk.
(03-12-2019, 04:20 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: Whatever the impatience, we won't realistically get a man in to train and prepare for the 2 games this week. I'm hoping the club actually have a long term plan (Yes, I know!), and are talking to candidates about it.
Re Moyes. I've seen just about enough "experienced managers" to last a lifetime. Jokanovic and Neil both have something to prove. I'd be happier with them or someone of that ilk.
Agree. Experience got us Pardew, Pulis, and would now get allardyce, Moyes, Redknapp...
Back to the original post, Moyes odds have now gone miles out to over 20/1.

I appreciate the bookies odds may not mean much though.