Give me back my BoJo!
A manifesto would be relevant at a general election. Not now.

Right now all I want to hear is how the incoming PM will secure gas supplies for winter - as Germany and France have managed - to ensure there are no blackouts on top of the strategy to maintain confidence in the markets. Given the Tories have completely failed to act on this and ignored warnings over the last two years - including from me, personally, to BEIS - and they spent all summer twiddling their thumbs while Germany and France kicked into action I am not confident. That is all I want, that's all anyone should want because it's October now and it isn't the 70s where people still had analogue systems to fall back on. Wouldn't even entertain my suggestion of eliminating VAT on battery storage for homes.

For the record, I'm not voting Labour at the next general election so I've no need to defend them nor Starmer.
(10-20-2022, 09:41 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote: Sorry, not sorry, but at least he strikes some fear into the annoying Scottish Bint and commands and air of communication and authority. 

I wouldn't be adverse to BoJo being made leader of the party again but, to save any face a general election needs to be held, which I doubt the Tories would win.

The problem is Sir Twat, is a Twat and doesn't have a mandate and the general public are more fickle than Villa fan with their cock in their hand over a photo of Jack Grealish.

And this is a salutary lesson in what can happen when you drink on an empty head.

By the way, paragraph two, word four - it's averse you're looking for.
(10-20-2022, 10:09 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(10-20-2022, 10:07 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote: I do apologise Borin Baggie, Sir Twat doesn't have a manifesto.

Maybe that's because some moron crashed the economy and no one knows what the budget is likely to be? Oh, I forgot, Starmer is the problem...

I'd be interested to know who you think crashed the economy. Not that it's crashed, in more that interest rates have increase and most of the country are sitting on <3% mortgages and the current average rate is about 6%. Which the bankers aren't to happy about.

I still blame the Media for crashing the economy with their scare mongering. Our leadership just try and steady the ship and appease the general public.

When I were a kid, my Dad being a sole trader business owner fucking worked real hard to get through 14%/15% interest rates during the 80' and 90's to provide roof and food, and I watched that first hand my mom and dad working hard. 

So I'm not sorry this is not a collapse nor crash of anything of the like.

Globalisation has a lot to answer for, but the country is still economically and financially sound. Someone remove the Russian idiot, several World energy issues would be solved
House prices are so stupid right now that I can't even get a mortgage despite earning more than both my parents combined at their peak earnings even accounting for inflation to buy a house on the same road that I grew up on because the lending criteria is so stretched - when I spoke to Halifax last they said I needed an £80k deposit. My parents have paid off the mortgage despite only working "working class" jobs their entire life. Both sets of my grandparents came over from India with nothing, worked bottom rung jobs and paid off their mortgages.

15% interest rates when house prices were 4x take home incomes is not as bad as 6% rising to 10%+ in the new year with house prices 8x incomes. The situation is alien now to 40 years ago

As for taking our the Russian twat, do you have a strategy to do that? If Germany and France had a strategy to secure supplies for, why couldn't we? Not Putin's fault or the Observer's fault that we as a country did nothing over the summer and people are going to suffer through affordability problems, blackouts and paying public debt accrued from a poorly thought out, hastily planned and not even targeted support platform, is it?
(10-20-2022, 10:19 PM)Ossian Wrote:
(10-20-2022, 09:41 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote: Sorry, not sorry, but at least he strikes some fear into the annoying Scottish Bint and commands and air of communication and authority. 

I wouldn't be adverse to BoJo being made leader of the party again but, to save any face a general election needs to be held, which I doubt the Tories would win.

The problem is Sir Twat, is a Twat and doesn't have a mandate and the general public are more fickle than Villa fan with their cock in their hand over a photo of Jack Grealish.

And this is a salutary lesson in what can happen when you drink on an empty head.

By the way, paragraph two, word four - it's averse you're looking for.

I blame MCW phone. But thank you for correcting my work Sir. Is it still within a B+ standard?

If so I'll continue to model myself on a millennial lay about lifestyle expecting loads of money for not doing much if any work, and expecting to be given some money. Which could also be attributed to crashing/bringing down the economy.
(10-20-2022, 10:45 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: House prices are so stupid right now that I can't even get a mortgage despite earning more than both my parents combined at their peak earnings even accounting for inflation to buy a house on the same road that I grew up on because the lending criteria is so stretched - when I spoke to Halifax last they said I needed an £80k deposit. My parents have paid off the mortgage despite only working "working class" jobs their entire life. Both sets of my grandparents came over from India with nothing, worked bottom rung jobs and paid off their mortgages.

15% interest rates when house prices were 4x take home incomes is not as bad as 6% rising to 10%+ in the new year with house prices 8x incomes. The situation is alien now to 40 years ago

As for taking our the Russian twat, do you have a strategy to do that? If Germany and France had a strategy to secure supplies for, why couldn't we? Not Putin's fault or the Observer's fault that we as a country did nothing over the summer and people are going to suffer through affordability problems, blackouts and paying public debt accrued from a poorly thought out, hastily planned and not even targeted support platform, is it?

Well, I feel sorry for people like yourself and people in your situation. And I agree house prices are crazy at the moment but house prices can only go up, so a catch 22 there.

Yep, my strategy is high powered rifle. And yes it is Putins fault. And in the very long run it my opinion the only way out of it is Fusion Power and Hydrogen cars that are water based.
Putin being the main instigator for the issues doesn't absolve the dereliction of duty by Johnson and Truss in solving those issues over the immediate term like Macron and Scholz have managed (in Scholz case in spite of Russia trying to disrupt Germany doing that by blowing up NS1 and NS2 to limit scope to build gas reserves). Johnson spent all summer posturing instead of doing the right thing so a proper targeted support package could be developed for his successor and energy strategy could be developed and Truss is an idiot who prioritised dumb, uncosted tax cuts and stole Labour's policy except made it worse by having it for two years and funding it entirely from borrowing rather than upstream energy (gas, oil and renewable) profits.

As for Fusion and hydrogen vehicles, if that's the answer we're fucked then because hydrogen personal vehicles don't seem viable due to restricted electrolysis capacity with fuel cell trucks, trains and light aircraft being better uses for hydrogen and Fusion being decades out from a viability test at ITER and then commercial assessment - JET isn't even 1% of the way there.

What needs to happen is to build nuclear fission power plants, ideally molten salt supplemented by mini reactors so we can develop some R&D out of it to leverage to counter the Chinese belt and road - ASAP and work on air and salt storage for offshore wind. Fusion is the golden bullet but we'll all likely be dead before we know it can be done. In the immediate term plan out a targeted support platform from April onwards for consumers and businesses and look at upstream gas profits to see whether an additional windfall tax is justified to supplement any necessary borrowing.
Johnson is probably the only party leader the Tories can put forward with an actual mandate from the country, Truss and the others had begun dismantling parts of his manifesto already - the vote on fracking went well didn't it?

That said if they were stupid enough (and I think they probably are) to give it back to Johnson, isn't there a very real possibility that he gets turfed out of office again in November when the Parliamentary Ethics Committee come back with the findings of their investigation into pretty much everything he did in the previous three years?

As a lifelong Labour voter and former member, the only person they could put forward who I don't despite quite as much as the rest has already been sensible enough to rule himself out.
"The opportunity of defeating the enemy is presented by the enemy itself" said old Sun Tzu, way back in the 5th Century BC.

The left should be promoting a Johnson appointment and sit back and watch the Conservative party destroy itself from within. Again. Basic warfare.

It's the quickest route to a GE.
Id like Johnson to win as he is the most devisive character and most likely to split the tories