Presser
Where does Gourlay sit?

I’m right in front of the VIP area in the East stand but never seen him
Trying to rationalise all of this.

Firstly, Gourlay can’t just sack Bruce without the ability to fund the pay-off. If the club doesn’t have the funds to pay it then he’d be committing the club to a liability that it simply cannot cover.

Secondly, Bruce clearly feels that he hasn’t been backed in the transfer market and therefore shouldn’t have to give up his contractual pay-off. Regardless of how bad he has been, there is clearly some merit in his argument. Why should he give up what he’s entitled to, purely because the club currently has no cash?

So the only solution is a mutual agreement and so far agreement hasn’t been reached. Therefore stalemate.

We don’t have a pot to piss in, and that’s all down to Lai.

The obvious solution is to agree to pay Bruce off in full, but to issue him with a loan note (with interest) to pay it in full within (say) 12 months. The club clearly isn’t going to go bust, Bruce will get his money (with interest) but has to wait for it. That can happen immediately. It needs to.
Bruce /Gourlay don't give a shit ,they are only interested in making g as much money they can ,whatever way they can .They are not fans like us and when both finally leave they will be rewarded financially well for failure ,and us fans will have to suffer the shambles they've left behind .
This belief that we have no money is what has led us to successive Conservative governments. No understanding of the balance sheet, just a mild mannered acceptance of what those in power tell us what we can have. You get the leadership you vote/pay for.
(10-06-2022, 03:23 PM)wba13 Wrote: Yes your right
All our local press E&S/B'ham Mail/WM and The Athletic are all stating Steve Bruce will be doing pre-match media tomorrow ahead of the match against Luton Town on Saturday.
This is beyond a joke Bruce just go and put us all out of our misery.

Told ya

(10-06-2022, 04:06 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(10-06-2022, 03:48 PM)Psalm23 Wrote:
(10-06-2022, 03:44 PM)Peachy Wrote: If we want Bruce gone the crowd need to turn on Gourlay imo. If he takes an absolute verbal shoeing and the crowd turn hostile with him at the ground he will buckle imo.

He's bringing it on himself with his lack of action and communication.

This.
The atmosphere needs to be toxice, let the fucker know the feeling of the fans.

Agree with this.
Hawthorns has been a soft touch… Bruce, Lai, Gourmet all need to get absolute pelters for 90 minutes regardless of performance or score.

Got no chance of that with our fans all you get is he is in charge of the albion they are blue and white that's good enough for me ....... absolute wankers
Tony pulis is a wanker 
I can't imagine turning up just to shout abuse for 90 minutes, I'd sooner stay away. I'll have the usual ritual, meet up, few beers, arrange curry for later and all will feel well, until about the 5th minute when we go one down. Then I expect the place will go bananas. Bruce is so thick skinned he doesn't care, Goulay is the one we need to single out. And Lai.
Bruce is here for the season unless we force Gourmet out
(10-06-2022, 03:31 PM)Pipes of Peace Wrote: it should be on bruce to do the honourable thing for once in his career.  every game is a game closer to relegation, and a far cry from where we should be.  and that is squarely on him.
Bruce has always been labelled a decent man, not so sure myself. Made his son very rich, left Sheff U and then Palace to join us. Working Class Newcastle fan and managed Sunderland etc etc
And got beat up by Lee Hendrie of all people when Hendrie was nailing his daughter.
The stadium will be half empty anyway, last weekend can't have been over 18k this weekend I'd expect 15-16,000
https://tenor.com/bwfow.gif