Life goes on.
I had 3 hours of motorway discussing the news with my Son after hearing the news an hour into our journey home. I could never look at Big Dave as a legend as others can, legends stopped for me in the era of the big man, so I was never sentimental about Moore, but I suppose I am sentimental about what he has done for the club I love, very nearly wrecking a relegation that two very experienced managers worked so hard for, uniting a club that was more fractured than a fracking site and getting us to 4th in a very difficult league and still in line for a play off place. With all this in mind, it seems madness to sack him at this stage of the season. As for the oft shouted accusation " he's not learning ", for a great chunk of last season and a sizable chunk of the season before, Putrid worked hard to prove the definition of insanity by doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome, he kept his job well past his sell by date and most importantly, was the amount of fans that still backed him, what happened to " he's not learning " then. Moore deserved much more than this, not because he is a legend or that he is a nice bloke, but because of what he has done for us. I just goes to show, you really are just a couple of bad results/performances from the sack.
One thing I struggle to understand with fans calling for his head, is how did a club and a squad that everyone agreed last season was in total disarray, morph into a squad that should walk this league before a ball had been kicked, I think he has always been on a hiding to nothing.
Before the game yesterday, we renewed our season tickets and got Brizzle tickets and we will be there Wednesday, so as I say life goes on.
Thanks Big Dave and the very best wishes.
Good post. In 44 years of support this is the weirdest sacking I’ve ever seen.
(03-10-2019, 11:41 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Good post. In 44 years of support this is the weirdest sacking I’ve ever seen.

Same here, it was disappointing when we lost Roy. Going back was a shame when Ossis went, but this is a sacking... just hope they have a plan.
I really hope so.
Not a legend for me played 104 times, less than Koren, Greening and Gera from a similar playing generation. But sacking him was madness with only promotion making it anywhere near excusable although at what cost
(03-10-2019, 11:33 AM)cornishbaggie Wrote: I had 3 hours of motorway discussing the news with my Son after hearing the news an hour into our journey home. I could never look at Big Dave as a legend as others can, legends stopped for me in the era of the big man, so I was never sentimental about Moore, but I suppose I am sentimental about what he has done for the club I love, very nearly wrecking a relegation that two very experienced managers worked so hard for, uniting a club that was more fractured than a fracking site and getting us to 4th in a very difficult league and still in line for a play off place. With all this in mind, it seems madness to sack him at this stage of the season. As for the oft shouted accusation " he's not learning ", for a great chunk of last season and a sizable chunk of the season before, Putrid worked hard to prove the definition of insanity by doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome, he kept his job well past his sell by date and most importantly, was the amount of fans that still backed him, what happened to " he's not learning " then. Moore deserved much more than this, not because he is a legend or that he is a nice bloke, but because of what he has done for us. I just goes to show, you really are just a couple of bad results/performances from the sack.
One thing I struggle to understand with fans calling for his head, is how did a club and a squad that everyone agreed last season was in total disarray, morph into a squad that should walk this league before a ball had been kicked, I think he has always been on a hiding to nothing.
Before the game yesterday, we renewed our season tickets and got Brizzle tickets and we will be there Wednesday, so as I say life goes on.
Thanks Big Dave and the very best wishes.

It's not just a couple of bad results though mate.  We have lost 8 and drawn 11 with quite a number of those draws being fortunate. 

Jones to a large extent appears to have been his undoing and the players seemed confused yesterday and BD did admit that they had taken on a lot of information last week and that we were changing tactics and formations mid-game - to counteract Ipswich the bottom club in the league??  All we had to do yesterday was to play with two wingers and get crosses in to Gayle and J-Rod.  

No, the sad fact is that together with Jones they had lost the plot and I reckon the dressing room. And the key thing is we are possibly drifiting towards slipping out of the play-offs. 

I think he had to go.  It's a gamble in one sense,  but not from the harsh business facts.