Solar panels
Anyone got them. Any good? Save money etc?

My guess is their price will be rapidly increasing too.....
(09-28-2022, 01:15 PM)Peachy Wrote: Anyone got them. Any good? Save money etc?

No doubt something else we import?

If these are going to be the future, why don't we build our own? Surely this would create jobs, make them more affordable for our homes, whilst reducing energy bills and protecting against Russian supply restrictions.

Too simple?
(09-28-2022, 01:21 PM)Bob Fossil Wrote:

If these are going to be the future, why don't we build our own? Surely this would create jobs, make them more affordable for our homes, whilst reducing energy bills and protecting against Russian supply restrictions.

Too simple?

If only the opposition had just pledged to do this...
(09-28-2022, 01:23 PM)SophLad Wrote: If only the opposition had just pledged to do this...

My daughter pledged to tidy her bedroom this morning. Guess what?
(09-28-2022, 01:23 PM)SophLad Wrote:

Too simple?

If only the opposition had just pledged to do this...
Good idea then.
(09-28-2022, 01:39 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(09-28-2022, 01:23 PM)SophLad Wrote: If only the opposition had just pledged to do this...

Pledges are cheap ... the mantra of the tories.
I've got a couple of quotes and am getting a survey for a third on Friday so all being well, should have some installed over the next few months (not getting a battery just yet but will be getting a (hybrid battery) ready inverter incase battery technology, prices and lifespans improve).
(09-28-2022, 03:13 PM)JiggyMarley Wrote: I've got a couple of quotes and am getting a survey for a third on Friday so all being well, should have some installed over the next few months (not getting a battery just yet but will be getting a (hybrid battery) ready inverter incase battery technology, prices and lifespans improve).

Nice one Jiggy. Can you post on here your final quotes when you get them? I know its reletive to the size of your house etc but I'm just interested.

Cheers

Too simple?

Absolutely!
(09-28-2022, 01:39 PM)Protheroe Wrote:

It's obviously time for a new leader.
Ive actually got three so far, my mistake. They are;

Eon: 9 x 350W panels (3.51Kw total) £8,223
Local Firm 1: 12 x 375W panels (4.5Kw total) £6,500
Local Firm 2: 8 x 400W panels (3.2Kw total) £5,895

The ones quoting tomorrow have already quoted £5,750 for 10 x 400W panels (4Kw total), they're coming round tomorrow to confirm the number of panels, wiring routes etc. I'll also ask for pigeon netting too.

You'll note the difference in the sizes of the systems as they've all been desktop surveys to date, think they've just used Google maps to measure what they're able to install (I think a 4Kw system is just possible using my own measurements).

All quotes including scaffolding, MSC certification (you'll need this to export your excess power to get paid for it).

Take a look see at the link below for some more quotes and advice...

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/cat...oneysaving