Big Dave’s Post match interview
Listen to him on WM driving home, now knowing he did the interview having been sacked explains how he came across, credit to the big man and shame on the club. How we have treated a man who has done nothing but bring the club and fans together, the owners have no connection to the club outside of the financial aspects and are making decisions that may ultimately cost us dearly, will we be the next Blackpool?
(03-10-2019, 08:49 AM)Stratfordbaggie Wrote: Listen to him on WM driving home, now knowing he did the interview having been sacked explains how he came across, credit to the big man and shame on the club. How we have treated a man who has done nothing but bring the club and fans together, the owners have no connection to the club outside of the financial aspects and are making decisions that may ultimately cost us dearly, will we be the next Blackpool?

Spot on.

DM wasn't allowed a long term learning curve, nor the disastrous run of results afforded Pulis and Pardew, nor a chance to see a potential promotion season out, nor the opportunity for a new number 2 - a possible solution to the problem and less problematic than where we now stand. An utter shambles that begs the question why he was appointed in the first place, and why he was sacked when he has a clear long term and passionate vision to develop all areas of the club within the same constraints that will handicap the new incumbent.
Rakeem Harper must be glad he never signed that contract now
(03-10-2019, 08:57 AM)Stratfordbaggie Wrote: Rakeem Harper must be glad he never signed that contract now

Why? The club has nurtured him for years and the club has given him an opportunity to play. BD was manager a few months and gave him his chance but that's nothing to the hours of time and effort all the youth team support and mgt set up has given him.

BD leaving should have nothing to do with him signing if loyalty were the main currency. But we all know that he would have already signed or will sign when there's enough zeroes on a cheque and not before.
He didn't mention "we'll pick the bones out of it" once
Obviously not know the shock that was due to happen, I was fuming at him on the car radio as we drove back. Been a while since I actually shouted at the radio !
Really annoyed he didn't call out that pathetic performance for what it really was.
However, I wasn't calling for his head and thought we had to give him the season and see how we finished.
Just imagine the best ever way to get promoted would have been to win at Wembley with Big Dave in charge !

(03-10-2019, 08:57 AM)Stratfordbaggie Wrote: Rakeem Harper must be glad he never signed that contract now

He's had plenty of time to have signed it if he wanted to ?
(03-10-2019, 10:08 AM)EastMidsBaggie Wrote: Obviously not know the shock that was due to happen, I was fuming at him on the car radio as we drove back. Been a while since I actually shouted at the radio !
Really annoyed he didn't call out that pathetic performance for what it really was.
However, I wasn't calling for his head and thought we had to give him the season and see how we finished.
Just imagine the best ever way to get promoted would have been to win at Wembley with Big Dave in charge !

i think his opening response to the first question was enough for me "What you saw out there today was a team wanting to win a football match"

I had to turn it off after that, as much as I think Darren is a wonderful bloke and a true gentleman not once has he offered any tactical insight into a game result in a post match interview and yesterday's was a classic example. Maybe he knew yesterday the writing was on the wall but it hasn't really changed the way he seems to analyse game results all season.

I think he did wonders to galvanise a club in disarray last season and coped really well with the turmoil of the closed season etc but he has shown over the last few games against the top contenders he just doesn't have enough tactically and whether it is Jones or him calling the shots he is the top bloke and with that goes the responsibility. For a few weeks when he had poor results the games went our way and we stayed in touch and could have entered the automatic places when we had games against Norwich, Sheff U and Leeds but all 3 went by without us really closing the gap in any meaningful way.

I think ultimately the club made the right decision yesterday, sentiment could have given him to the end of the season and maybe a positive play-off result but not sure he would be the right man to lead a premiership survival challenge especially with the current squad makeup and the amount of changes ahead in the closed season whatever the outcome of the season.

Making the change now when we are in a good position for the play-offs is an OK time to appoint we can attract someone when we are still in a believable chance of promotion, we still have premier league finances, they may have to grab them from Jenkins' bloody hand but we do have that profile and with 10 games to get a tactical style in place could be a shrewd move.

On the flip side Darren leaves with his stock still high inside and outside of the club and pretty sure he will get another chance somewhere to show what he can do, only hope he doesn't feel the need to have Jones alongside him this time as it was never really clear who was the boss once he joined.

Onwards and upwards and lets get behind the team for the next 10/13 see where we end up.
Many things will influence Harper's decision, & they all have a ££££££££££ in front of em!   Rolleyes
(03-10-2019, 10:40 AM)fbaggy Wrote:
(03-10-2019, 10:08 AM)EastMidsBaggie Wrote: Obviously not know the shock that was due to happen, I was fuming at him on the car radio as we drove back. Been a while since I actually shouted at the radio !

i think his opening response to the first question was enough for me "What you saw out there today was a team wanting to win a football match"

I had to turn it off after that, as much as I think Darren is a wonderful bloke and a true gentleman not once has he offered any tactical insight into a game result in a post match interview and yesterday's was a classic example. Maybe he knew yesterday the writing was on the wall but it hasn't really changed the way he seems to analyse game results all season.

I think he did wonders to galvanise a club in disarray last season and coped really well with the turmoil of the closed season etc but he has shown over the last few games against the top contenders he just doesn't have enough tactically and whether it is Jones or him calling the shots he is the top bloke and with that goes the responsibility. For a few weeks when he had poor results the games went our way and we stayed in touch and could have entered the automatic places when we had games against Norwich, Sheff U and Leeds but all 3 went by without us really closing the gap in any meaningful way.

I think ultimately the club made the right decision yesterday, sentiment could have given him to the end of the season and maybe a positive play-off result but not sure he would be the right man to lead a premiership survival challenge especially with the current squad makeup and the amount of changes ahead in the closed season whatever the outcome of the season.

Making the change now when we are in a good position for the play-offs is an OK time to appoint we can attract someone when we are still in a believable chance of promotion, we still have premier league finances, they may have to grab them from Jenkins' bloody hand but we do have that profile and with 10 games to get a tactical style in place could be a shrewd move.

On the flip side Darren leaves with his stock still high inside and outside of the club and pretty sure he will get another chance somewhere to show what he can do, only hope he doesn't feel the need to have Jones alongside him this time as it was never really clear who was the boss once he joined.

Onwards and upwards and lets get behind the team for the next 10/13 see where we end up.

Excellent post