Brexit promises
I worked for the very company that commissioned the report. Gambling with our pensions on infrastructure when private investment doesn’t see the benefit is desperate measures to gamble with solid money which is exactly what happened in the banking crisis. Having seen 1st hand the waste that Phoenix partakes in I wouldn’t feel confident they would make anything like the right choices.
Needless to say, I don't agree. But if you want your pension invested in the 30+ year bond bear market we're entering then fill your boots.
“In hindsight, do you think Britain was right or wrong to vote to leave the European Union?”

Right to Leave: 32%
Wrong to Leave: 56%

YouGov Nov 2022
Never mind, eh.
Another Brexit ‘win’! 

Don’t worry we shall trade with the world more… oh!
(11-27-2022, 11:57 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Another Brexit ‘win’! 

Don’t worry we shall trade with the world more… oh!

This is what happens when you accept getting the EUs quota scraps for a specific mention of the word cheese in the trade agreement.

Then they made the stupid idiot who did that Prime Minister.
[Image: Fi1Xt_iXEBcszPa?format=jpg&name=large]

Quote:Paperwork that goes with a single delivery of goods from the UK to Poland post-Brexit. 17 bits of paper when before Brexit, all that was needed was one - the invoice. Why should any EU importer buy from the UK when they can buy hassle-free from the single market?

Thankfully we cut red tape when we left the EU.
Rishi is expanding the RDEC for big companies and slashing R&D tax relief for SMEs.

For businesses like mine, it begs the question of what the point is.

The tories are now actively pushing entrepreneurs and small businesses away from the UK, in favour of taking care of big, foreign owned firms.

Edit - sorry, superfluous word.
(12-09-2022, 08:26 AM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote: Rishi is expanding the RDEC for big companies and slashing R&D tax relief for SMEs.

For businesses like mine, it begs the question of what the point is.

The tories are now actively pushing entrepreneurs and small businesses away from the UK, in favour of taking care of big, foreign owned firms.

Edit - sorry, superfluous word.

You've answered your own question. There is no point starting a business in the UK when the tax and regulatory regime is so unattractive.

I doubt that is likely to change whoever is in government.