The largest unfunded bung in history
Doesn't even get a mention on here.

Never mind, Mrs P can have her new kitchen floor and my mate in Churchill can keep his pool warm this Winter without having sell one of the Ferraris. Bugger the consequences.
(09-13-2022, 10:16 AM)Protheroe Wrote: Doesn't even get a mention on here.

Never mind, Mrs P can have her new kitchen floor and my mate in Churchill can keep his pool warm this Winter without having sell one of the Ferraris. Bugger the consequences.

It's quiet on here as soon as someone says they're going to throw a load of money at something, regardless of the mechanics.
This is like (not identical to) the furlough and loans schemes dosh in terms of HMT chucking it out.
(09-13-2022, 12:13 PM)Fido Wrote:

It's quiet on here as soon as someone says they're going to throw a load of money at something, regardless of the mechanics.

It's an untargeted bung equating to the annual NHS budget. 

Just think about that for a moment. 

And yet on here....nothing. Not a sound. Zilch.
(09-13-2022, 12:31 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(09-13-2022, 12:13 PM)Fido Wrote:

It's an untargeted bung equating to the annual NHS budget. 

Just think about that for a moment. 

And yet on here....nothing. Not a sound. Zilch.
What ought one say?
What am I supposed to say exactly? Tories are taking the opportunity public money to wealthy, no shit. That's what they've been doing since their founding after the Civil War.
I dunno. Maybe that a bung that provides help to millions who need it, but millions more who really don't need it is a tad outrageous when our debt is already enormous, taxes are at a post war high, the currency is collapsing against the dollar and there is, of course - no Exit Strategy if prices remain high.

If Brexit was costing us a twentieth of this in a single year you'd have a guaranteed 6 pager.
(09-13-2022, 12:48 PM)Protheroe Wrote: I dunno. Maybe that a bung that provides help to millions who need it, but millions more who really don't need it is a tad outrageous when our debt is already enormous, taxes are at a post war high, the currency is collapsing against the dollar and there is, of course - no Exit Strategy if prices remain high.

If Brexit was costing us a twentieth of this in a single year you'd have a guaranteed 6 pager.

You think the lack of posts equates to people agreeing with the Truss Tax? They wouldn’t target payments as they need the support of the comfortably well off to vote for them at the next election. They’ve thrown free money and tax cuts at their traditional base to shore up their deflating dinghy of a party. It’s always about the party and not the country, before and after you spent hours campaigning for them.
To be honest I’ve given up posting about the next shite decision made by the crooks in power. They’ve only just released the list of VIP suppliers (after being forced)who made hay when covid struck - that is direct corruption. This bung, the furlough schemes (defo the business loans and grants parts) and anything related to Brexit is just pure incompetence and stupid policy decision.

The amount of people that voted for this shite who are now surprised they are so incompetent does amuse me though.
(09-13-2022, 12:33 PM)hudds Wrote: What ought one say?

Exactly; although I suspect 'Ooh, he's got a mate with more than one Ferrari' was the real point of the post.

And, as B1 rightly points out, people are punch drunk from more than a decade of sustained ineptitude.