This energy price cap
What’s to stop me leaving for central heating on all winter24/7?
Give it a go and then report back in the spring
You can if you want, but expect to pay £4-5k for the privilege!
(09-08-2022, 11:54 AM)sideboardbilly Wrote: What’s to stop me leaving for central heating on all winter24/7?

The cost would probably be the thing that would put me off.
(09-08-2022, 11:59 AM)HugeHons Wrote: You can if you want, but expect to pay £4-5k for the privilege!

Indeed. The "pay for what you use" scenario is applied.
Reducing the unit price, keeping the standing charge the same.

Encourage the public with a load of advertising to reduce energy usage, offer no financial incentive to do so.

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant. Bunch of complete cockwombles, I could write a better policy on the back of a fag packet in 5 minutes.
I give you the new Chancellor in March this year… who is now in favour of fracking… you’re still gonna vote for them though….

[Image: FcFyCzXWQAMmMnq?format=jpg&name=medium]
(09-08-2022, 12:53 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: Reducing the unit price, keeping the standing charge the same.

Encourage the public with a load of advertising to reduce energy usage, offer no financial incentive to do so.

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant. Bunch of complete cockwombles, I could write a better policy on the back of a fag packet in 5 minutes.

I think that's what she did in fairness, while swigging a large glass of red.
Energy hasn't suddenly got a huge amount cheaper than last year, it's still roughly double what you were paying last year... So I'd suggest a more economical approach to usage should still be done otherwise it's going to be a pretty rough new year when those bills land.
(09-08-2022, 11:54 AM)sideboardbilly Wrote: What’s to stop me leaving for central heating on all winter24/7?

Because it's not absolute cap, what you pay is still dependent on what your usage is. It would be nice if the media could explain it in more detail with a range of examples but, knowing the Tory govt, the media probably hasn't been given any more detail at the moment.