Robinson to Cardiff for £1.5m
(09-01-2022, 10:21 AM)ericlegrisly Wrote:
(09-01-2022, 10:20 AM)WorcsWBA Wrote: £1.5m would be a farcically low fee.

If true, it smacks more than a little of desperation on our part.

Robinson is worth more than 1/15th of Grant, FFS.

I guess circa £5m with wages plus add-ons.
The fee is a joke on the face of it. This guy scored twice at Stamford Bridge last year and looked every bit good enough to.

But I can't help but feel there's another reason for this which must be wages. Also, we need strikers, and have too many wingers.

But it could be more than that also. Barring a very small few, part of me wants every one of the class of 2017-21 out of the door never to return. We won't evolve by keeping hold of the same wankers.

Can we chuck in a Phillips?
(09-01-2022, 10:35 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(09-01-2022, 10:33 AM)strawman Wrote: Goals + Assist per 90 mins 21/22
Grant 0.64
Robinson 0.6
Phillips 0.29

Maybe we should let Grant go as well, why the fuck would we need people who create and score goals and after all Grant pulled out of a tackle as well, lets be consistent

If we sold Grant we would owe Hudds more (which would have to paid on the sale) than we would receive for him.

We are stuck with Grant for at least another 2 years, in my opinion.

Negative equity on a Karloan is never good.
(09-01-2022, 10:38 AM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote: The fee is a joke on the face of it. This guy scored twice at Stamford Bridge last year and looked every bit good enough to.

But I can't help but feel there's another reason for this which must be wages. Also, we need strikers, and have too many wingers.

But it could be more than that also. Barring a very small few, part of me wants every one of the class of 2017-21 out of the door never to return. We won't evolve by keeping hold of the same wankers.

There is wages but SB sees him as a bad influence.  Wilder certainly did and apparently he has that rep with the Republic Ireland

The fee looks v low though - esp if the add ones are ridiculously contingent/ minimal
That does look like a comically low fee.
(09-01-2022, 10:42 AM)MancBaggie Wrote:
(09-01-2022, 10:38 AM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote: The fee is a joke on the face of it. This guy scored twice at Stamford Bridge last year and looked every bit good enough to.

There is wages but SB sees him as a bad influence.  Wilder certainly did and apparently he has that rep with the Republic Ireland

The fee looks v low though - esp if the add ones are ridiculously contingent/ minimal

Really

"Paying tribute to Robinson’s character, Wilder said: “Call is a great kid. A deal for Oli suited us and Call suited Slav (manager Slaven Bilic) and West Brom. Taking away this one, I wish Call all the best for the rest of the season and his career, genuinely, because he’s a great lad. A fabulous lad in fact.”
(09-01-2022, 10:38 AM)MrFizz Wrote:
(09-01-2022, 10:35 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(09-01-2022, 10:33 AM)strawman Wrote: Goals + Assist per 90 mins 21/22
Grant 0.64
Robinson 0.6
Phillips 0.29

Maybe we should let Grant go as well, why the fuck would we need people who create and score goals and after all Grant pulled out of a tackle as well, lets be consistent

If we sold Grant we would owe Hudds more (which would have to paid on the sale) than we would receive for him.

We are stuck with Grant for at least another 2 years, in my opinion.

Negative equity on a Karloan is never good.

Big Grin Big Grin 

Yeah, but under the Consumer Credit Act, you can hand the keys back when you have paid half of the loan off.
(09-01-2022, 10:44 AM)strawman Wrote:
(09-01-2022, 10:42 AM)MancBaggie Wrote:

Really

"Paying tribute to Robinson’s character, Wilder said: “Call is a great kid. A deal for Oli suited us and Call suited Slav (manager Slaven Bilic) and West Brom. Taking away this one, I wish Call all the best for the rest of the season and his career, genuinely, because he’s a great lad. A fabulous lad in fact.”

Yes
Seems a low fee, but, SURELY, must mean we are confident of at least one striker coming in?
Robinson was never first choice for Bruce and doesn't really fit the 1st 11, so, if it means we get the proper CF that we need, then it is a good deal regardless of the fee.

I'm going to hold my breath for a bit, if I've not reposted in the next 5 mins, dial 999.
How many of Grant's goals have been assisted by Robinson?

Bit sad about this, but at the same time, feels inevitable. His whole demeanor has looked different since the start of the year IMO. Gone the smiling enthusiastic Robinson of the Bilic period, replaced by a sullen jaded one.

We'd better have someone decent to replace him.