“But But But… The Squad!!”
(08-31-2022, 02:02 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Josh, what are you dribbling on about?

I'd hardly say there's an anti Bruce agenda, most want it to work, but no one, especially someone who watches the game at all, can say anything is working right now. We can't defend we're poor in attack, no tactical flexibility is shown.

There was a far, far bigger anti Val agenda and he did better than Bruce has so far.

Tbf I’ve got an anti Bruce agenda after his rimming of all things vile. 
But I don’t count and rightly so. I’m often right though
It won’t matter who Bruce sign’s as the coaching won’t be good enough and it’s been proved by his record at Villa.If you ask myself about Bruce, then all I think is that he is a manager who in recent times does not win football matches.
(08-31-2022, 02:31 PM)Bob Fossil Wrote:
(08-31-2022, 02:05 PM)KratosBaggie Wrote:
(08-31-2022, 02:02 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: we're poor in attack

Only three Championship teams have scored more goals than us.

You keep calling people idiots, deluded, arrogant for basing their position on just 7 games, yet your whole philosophy seems to be based entirely on that.

I'll lower myself to a response against my better judgement. 

It was a tongue in cheek (admittedly sarcastic) response to Birdman's claim we're poor in attack. Of course it's ridiculous to use a 7 game stat, which Birdman rightly points out is skewed by the Hull result. And no, we don't look lethal and fluid. That being said, we are getting goals, and I'm more concerned about our defensive game. 

The stats do say we're the 4th (joint) highest scoring side in the division, which proves how mis-leading picking and choosing stats is. They can be tailored to fit any argument. 

Again, using stats, we're still only 3 points away from a play off position. Not a bad position considering all the doom and gloom on here. 

No doubt it looks closer than it is due to how early we're in. Let's wait until 15-20 games which will give us a clearer and more realistic picture of where we are. 

We could be struggling towards the bottom, we could be in healthy play off place. We don't know. That's why we love the game.
Clarnet v2.0
(08-31-2022, 02:51 PM)KratosBaggie Wrote:
(08-31-2022, 02:31 PM)Bob Fossil Wrote:
(08-31-2022, 02:05 PM)KratosBaggie Wrote:
(08-31-2022, 02:02 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: we're poor in attack

Only three Championship teams have scored more goals than us.

You keep calling people idiots, deluded, arrogant for basing their position on just 7 games, yet your whole philosophy seems to be based entirely on that.

I'll lower myself to a response against my better judgement. 

It was a tongue in cheek (admittedly sarcastic) response to Birdman's claim we're poor in attack. Of course it's ridiculous to use a 7 game stat, which Birdman rightly points out is skewed by the Hull result. And no, we don't look lethal and fluid. That being said, we are getting goals, and I'm more concerned about our defensive game. 

The stats do say we're the 4th (joint) highest scoring side in the division, which proves how mis-leading picking and choosing stats is. They can be tailored to fit any argument. 

Again, using stats, we're still only 3 points away from a play off position. Not a bad position considering all the doom and gloom on here. 

No doubt it looks closer than it is due to how early we're in. Let's wait until 15-20 games which will give us a clearer and more realistic picture of where we are. 

We could be struggling towards the bottom, we could be in healthy play off place. We don't know. That's why we love the game.
That's a fair response, not entirely sure why it was against your better judgement.
I think most people agree, even those you call deluded, the only variable is the highlighted bit, as in how many games he gets to show improvement.
(08-31-2022, 02:41 PM)Huggybear Wrote: It won’t matter who Bruce sign’s as the coaching won’t be good enough and it’s been proved by his record at Villa.If you ask myself about Bruce, then all I think is that he is a manager who in recent times does not win football matches.

Specifically away games I always think
The William Shenstone has a strange effect on football opinions.