Football annoyances
(08-25-2022, 09:32 PM)Loanee Wrote: Clapping when players head the ball back to the goalkeeper

I too am annoyed when fans applaud good play.
People who applaud good play - whilst they're watching it on a screen in a pub.
The price of our shirts £55 - that's doesn't want me to rush out and buy a couple.
Maybe I'm getting old, I had an advert pop up today with a Manure home shirt which was £100 ?? Yes £100
(08-26-2022, 07:40 AM)lemon Wrote: People who applaud good play - whilst they're watching it on a screen in a pub.

Correct.

My list also includes;
Squad numbers - Man City the other week had a 3 at CB, 7 at LB and in recent weeks I've noticed a spate of 5s and 6s playing the middle of midfield. No.

Fan perceptions of what is good - people sucked into thinking a defender is good because they're fast and adept at recovering the ball on the ground, whereas in reality it just means they're usually out of position. Leah Williamson in the recent Euros played the whole tournament at CB and didn't make a tackle, superb defending.

People moaning at their team without realising there are two teams on the pitch both trying to prevent the other from winning. 

Not beating the first man with a corner/set piece.

Players being sucked into making stupid fouls. Typically see this when a team is trying to see a game out. A player attempting to allow the ball to run out of play, opponent comes charging up behind him and the defender goes down at the merest of touches. Don't fucking go near him, you know what's going to happen and the ref will always give a free kick for it!

Yellow cards for taking your shirt off.

Aston Villa.
Not taking cup competitions seriously.
Nuclear hot pies.
Lads lads lads
A professional footballer's inability to get the ball past the first defender from a corner.  Jonathan Greening's ability to hit the first defender from a corner  100% of the time was a pure art form perfected over years of practise. 

The short corner.   

The even more stupid short free kick,  unless it's to set a shot up from an indirect free kick.  

The fucking about at the corner flag to kill time off at the end of a match, particularly when there's ten minutes left.

Journalistic clichés:

" Languishing"     Where else would you use that word in normal conversation?    "Hello mate, what you up to?"    "I'm just languishing on the settee watching the match" 

" The Hallowed Turf"  applied to the pitch at Wembley which is now manufactured and replaced between games and concerts.  Unless Billy Graham preached there there's fuck all holy about that overpriced dump or its pitch. 

"clash"  apparently our next game is a "clash" with Huddersfield.
Football fans. I've never quite got the tribal bit - the mindless chanting, the obligatory abuse of the opposition, the hatred for other people just because of the team they follow. We're all the same, why pretend otherwise? Watching those charmless Man Utd louts having a "peaceful protest" then deciding to throw bottles at a random passing bus - their excuse being that "they thought it might be the Liverpool team, or Liverpool supporters". So that makes it all right, does it? Wankers.

I was listening to the cricket yesterday, thousands of pissed up Mancs singing along with that twat who plays the trumpet. Thinking "how has this kind of thing got into cricket as well?"
(08-26-2022, 09:13 AM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote: Football fans. I've never quite got the tribal bit - the mindless chanting, the obligatory abuse of the opposition, the hatred for other people just because of the team they follow. We're all the same, why pretend otherwise? Watching those charmless Man Utd louts having a "peaceful protest" then deciding to throw bottles at a random passing bus - their excuse being that "they thought it might be the Liverpool team, or Liverpool supporters". So that makes it all right, does it? Wankers.

I was listening to the cricket yesterday, thousands of pissed up Mancs singing along with that twat who plays the trumpet. Thinking "how has this kind of thing got into cricket as well?"

Add in "You could have came in a taxi" to the few hundred that actually could be arsed.  Also "You're the shit of Liverpool" to Everton fans.