Best advice I can give Darren Moore
is go back to what you were doing in the last 6 games of last season for the remainder of this and if this mean side-lining Smith in some way then so be it. 

The reason we were so successful then was that we kept it simple.

Everyone knew their job and did it. 

Yes there are a few different faces but it can work.
No chance with Jones here. He's basically in charge of setting the team up.
(03-09-2019, 06:37 PM)Hopalong Wrote: is go back to what you were doing in the last 6 games of last season for the remainder of this and if this mean side-lining Smith in some way then so be it. 

The reason we were so successful then was that we kept it simple.

Everyone knew their job and did it. 

Yes there are a few different faces but it can work.

Agree. We look a mess, but from his post match interview, he cannot see it.
It looks to me as though Moore and Jones can't understand why it isn't working, while the players don't understand how it's supposed to work. Like a maths lesson when the teacher introduces differential calculus to a bunch of 16 year olds.

Despite several changes today, we saw the same old thing. Back line playing the ball sideways to each other, looking for that killer pass. Often to the opposition as it happens. I can't remember John Wile and Ally Rob being asked to do that, nor GMac and Jonas.

Hops is right, whatever we were doing then was working. We shouldn't have lost it. Is Corporal Jones the difference between then and now?
Jones is definitely the difference.

Play to your strengths. He thinks he's still coaching a squad full of world class Belgians the way he sets up our plays.

Big Dave needs to be stronger and get a grip on it as we are fucking bollocks at the moment
(03-09-2019, 07:02 PM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote: It looks to me as though Moore and Jones can't understand why it isn't working, while the players don't understand how it's supposed to work. Like a maths lesson when the teacher introduces differential calculus to a bunch of 16 year olds.

Despite several changes today, we saw the same old thing. Back line playing the ball sideways to each other, looking for that killer pass. Often to the opposition as it happens. I can't remember John Wile and Ally Rob being asked to do that, nor GMac and Jonas.

Hops is right, whatever we were doing then was working. We shouldn't have lost it. Is Corporal Jones the difference between then and now?

It's the modern way. Us dinosaurs don't understand, apparently.
(03-09-2019, 07:02 PM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote: It looks to me as though Moore and Jones can't understand why it isn't working, while the players don't understand how it's supposed to work. Like a maths lesson when the teacher introduces differential calculus to a bunch of 16 year olds.

I've said it before and say it again imho bin Jones now and get Shan back as assistant we looked more solid carried a threat and the players looked comfortable with it, something needs to change and quick or we may well struggle to stay in the playoff places on current form which is deteriorating which each passing game.
Yes it is 100% Jones for the tactics. This week was all about Jones putting the players massively through their paces and I have it first hand that Dave basically had nothing to do with this weeks training/apparently extremely intensive drills for today! Something/s are fundamentally wrong right now!
(03-09-2019, 07:13 PM)Russbaggie03 Wrote: Yes it is 100% Jones for the tactics. This week was all about Jones putting the players massively through their paces and I have it first hand that Dave basically had nothing to do with this weeks training/apparently extremely intensive drills for today! Something/s are fundamentally wrong right now!

Very concerning.