The Devil Rides Out
Zomby II (Zombie Flesh Eaters)
Captain Kronos Vampire Hunter
Creepshow
Day of The Dead
The Thing
Hellraiser
Dead and buried
Night of the Demon a great film, but The Shining with Jack Nicholson off his nut (OK he often is tbf) really got to me - not least as I watched it in a house in the middle of nowhere, upstate New York, next to woods with bears, and guns in the house. Plus, I saw it with my mate's younger brother while everyone else had gone to bed. He laughed all the way through it. I barricaded my bedroom door that night with a wardrobe.
Obviously things were far more scary when I was a kid so pretty much all classics.

The Excorcist
The Omen
The Burning
The Entity
Zombie Creeping Flesh: All of the banned Zombie films of that era terrified me but, I picked this one because I went to a halloween party dressed as Zantoro once and when my mate posted the pictures on Facebook, he got a message back from the actor who played him, complimenting me on the accuracy of the outfit!
Nightmare on Halfords Lane.
I'm not into the blood & gore shit, more the horror films that get into your mind so...

Pyscho
The Haunting (1963 version)
Blair Witch Project
The Woman in Black
Amityville (original)
The Creature from Beckindale.
(05-30-2022, 09:40 AM)Bob Fossil Wrote: Obviously things were far more scary when I was a kid so pretty much all classics.

The Excorcist
The Omen
The Burning
The Entity
Zombie Creeping Flesh: All of the banned Zombie films of that era terrified me but, I picked this one because I went to a halloween party dressed as Zantoro once and when my mate posted the pictures on Facebook, he got a message back from the actor who played him, complimenting me on the accuracy of the outfit!

Have you got the pics? seriously, not piss taking, would love to see them!
(05-30-2022, 06:11 PM)MassDebater Wrote:
(05-30-2022, 09:40 AM)BobĀ Fossil Wrote: Obviously things were far more scary when I was a kid so pretty much all classics.

The Excorcist
The Omen
The Burning
The Entity

Have you got the pics? seriously, not piss taking, would love to see them!
I'll see if I can dig them out, was a while ago though.
(05-29-2022, 02:43 PM)DemonicBaggie Wrote: As a kid I remember a late night horror film was shown on tv every Friday. Was a real ritual in our house (no pun intended). Some memories stirred by the above posts:
Night of the Demon, The Devil Rides Out, The Wicker Man all great, especially the latter with its truly unsettling atmosphere.
All time favourite has to be the 1962 film 'The Haunting', both that and the book are brilliant.
To make up my five I'd go for the psychological horror of Taxi Driver.

ITV 10.30, introduced by David Tomlinson and latterly his teddy bear!
(05-31-2022, 03:57 PM)Gzbaggy Wrote:
(05-29-2022, 02:43 PM)DemonicBaggie Wrote: As a kid I remember a late night horror film was shown on tv every Friday. Was a real ritual in our house (no pun intended). Some memories stirred by the above posts:
Night of the Demon, The Devil Rides Out, The Wicker Man all great, especially the latter with its truly unsettling atmosphere.
All time favourite has to be the 1962 film 'The Haunting', both that and the book are brilliant.
To make up my five I'd go for the psychological horror of Taxi Driver.

ITV 10.30, introduced by David Tomlinson and latterly his teddy bear!
Peter Tomlinson??