Sam Johnstone
Spandaubaggie Wrote:He's left with more class than Craig Dawson. He's not an Albion fan, but was just an employee who can now further his career elsewhere. I wish him well.

Let's see about furthering his career shall we. I think the opposite personally. He'll go to a "bigger" club and earn more money for sure but I think he'll play a lot less football after he moves. His England career has already disappeared largely due to his antics with us and his average form.

I am really meh over him as a keeper tbh. He joined from Villa as they were about to go bust and couldn't buy him. A week after we signed him Villa were loaded again and I personally feel he never looked that happy to be with us. The bloke never smiled. Never really engaged with supporters that much. Maybe he's a quiet lad and shy etc, i dont know, but he came across as a grumpy git. 

He had good spells with us and average spells imo. Really not that arsed abput him leaving at all. Don't wish him either bad luck or good luck.
(05-25-2022, 02:37 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: He's left with more class than Craig Dawson. He's not an Albion fan, but was just an employee who can now further his career elsewhere. I wish him well.

He refused to play when asked to be a substitute. His petulant response caused a reaction which led us to lose two games heavily, possibly sparked the departure of a manager and certainly contributed towards our missing out on the play-offs. It's difficult to recall any other player whose actions have done so much damage to our results - maybe the abysmal Anelka comes close. I wish him the career he deserves - he seems to be on target for that.
Anyone remember the subject of Jilted John's biggest hit?
(05-25-2022, 08:10 AM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote:
(05-25-2022, 02:37 AM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: He's left with more class than Craig Dawson. He's not an Albion fan, but was just an employee who can now further his career elsewhere. I wish him well.

He refused to play when asked to be a substitute. His petulant response caused a reaction which led us to lose two games heavily, possibly sparked the departure of a manager and certainly contributed towards our missing out on the play-offs. It's difficult to recall any other player whose actions have done so much damage to our results - maybe the abysmal Anelka comes close. I wish him the career he deserves - he seems to be on target for that.

correct
A former player who gave alright services for lots of money. He won't be overly fondly remembered by me, then again i won't be lighting torches and getting the pitchforks out if he plays for some opponent at some point. He did his job and is moving on, is about the level of my feeling towards him.
(05-25-2022, 08:10 AM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote: He refused to play when asked to be a substitute. His petulant response caused a reaction which led us to lose two games heavily, possibly sparked the departure of a manager and certainly contributed towards our missing out on the play-offs. It's difficult to recall any other player whose actions have done so much damage to our results - maybe the abysmal Anelka comes close. I wish him the career he deserves - he seems to be on target for that.

This is my view more or less, so I hold no positive feelings towards him. It'll be interesting to see how many splinters he gets wherever he ends up.
(05-25-2022, 07:39 AM)Peachy Wrote:
Spandaubaggie Wrote:He's left with more class than Craig Dawson. He's not an Albion fan, but was just an employee who can now further his career elsewhere. I wish him well.

Let's see about furthering his career shall we. I think the opposite personally. He'll go to a "bigger" club and earn more money for sure but I think he'll play a lot less football after he moves. His England career has already disappeared largely due to his antics with us and his average form.

I am really meh over him as a keeper tbh. He joined from Villa as they were about to go bust and couldn't buy him. A week after we signed him Villa were loaded again and I personally feel he never looked that happy to be with us. The bloke never smiled. Never really engaged with supporters that much. Maybe he's a quiet lad and shy etc, i dont know, but he came across as a grumpy git. 

He had good spells with us and average spells imo. Really not that arsed abput him leaving at all. Don't wish him either bad luck or good luck.

Pretty much sums it up for me
(05-25-2022, 08:10 AM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote:

Petulant and unprofessional. Glad to see him gone.
Looks like Fraser Forster is getting the role of Number 2 Spurs gk. Wonder where Johnstone will end up?
(05-25-2022, 07:39 AM)Peachy Wrote:

Not bothered by him to be honest. As for furthering his career, the only club I can see him going as first choice may be Fulham,or West Ham , as Fabianski is 35, and had injuries, although they also have Areola. All other clubs in the Prem are covered for keepers. Spurs are after 34 year old Fraser Forster as back up for Lloris, who is also about 34, but a good keeper can easily play till 36 / 37.  Arsenal have Ramsdale, Newcastle after Henderson etc. Sam might well be a bench warmer, partly to fill clubs `Home grown player` quota.