Employment Bill
Missing from the Queen's Speech. No surprise there then.

It's a cornerstone of true blue Tory thinking that employment protection costs jobs. As, of course, do fair wages and health'n'safety.
Eats into dividend* payouts and executive packages as well, Chesh.

* Although the much-favoured euphemism these days seems to be 'returning money to shareholders', as if some lingering wrong was being righted.
Don't forget the classic line about 'all of our pension pots' Oss, as if us keeping the money in the 1st place wouldn't be better.
In the tightest labour market in living memory I wonder what more you want? Bad employers simply won't survive. God knows some of the worst suppliers in the industries I deal with are really suffering - my heart bleeds.
What bothers me about this is that an Employment Bill was promised, with all sorts of stuff about flexibility, maternity rights etc, but now it's just kicked into the long grass because Bozza won the election. I know politics is a dirty business, but this particular band of sleazy Tories are the worst elected politicians we've had in Britain in my lifetime.

I tend to have little respect for people who are scammed in any way, because I've been lucky to avoid this. I'm sure I'll change my opinion if I fall for something stupid. But Brexit, levelling up, controlling our borders, saving £xm per week to spend on the NHS, no problem with the Irish border, it'll all be fine - all these are/were big fat lies to lure in naive voters. But there must come a time when someone calls Boris and his buddies out for lying constantly to the public and to Parliament. Or is this just like "Last Action Hero" when the Charles Dance assassin character gets transported from a fantasy film world of crime into the real world, and is amazed that he can get away with anything? I wonder if Arnie is available to deal with Boris?

And a final note - I don't believe that bad employers fail to survive. In the professional world, not the business world (I'm talking everything from medicine, through science and engineering to education and council workers), I've known countless examples of thoroughly bad bosses giving their workers shit, regardless of rules or penalties.