End of season awards…
(05-06-2022, 10:14 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(05-06-2022, 10:01 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(05-06-2022, 09:50 PM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote: I think Bruce has binned Kipre without even seeing him play. I fear Bartley will stay. He's a steady enough player at Championship level and is comfortable on the left of a CB pair, but he's part of the last few seasons' failures, in particular a man who wore the armband frequently at a time of poor leadership. Also he will consign O'Shea to full back, not his best position and probably not where he wants to play. We will surely only sign Clarke if we can offload Bartley plus one other CB.

O'Shea at full back really, really fucks me off.

Mostly because he’s not that good there

Absolutely.

Does neither him, nor the team any good.

And no one will ever, ever convince me Ajayi is better. Ever.
The opposition know O'shea is suspect at FB so they deliberately put pressure on him. This leaves him vulnerable when he gets doubled up on. He has trained mainly as a FB. But looks far more comfortable as a CH.
We always look stronger when he is in the back 3 system.
Imagine he would perform and look a whole lot better with better players around him IMO.
(05-06-2022, 09:50 PM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote: I think Bruce has binned Kipre without even seeing him play. I fear Bartley will stay. He's a steady enough player at Championship level and is comfortable on the left of a CB pair, but he's part of the last few seasons' failures, in particular a man who wore the armband frequently at a time of poor leadership. Also he will consign O'Shea to full back, not his best position and probably not where he wants to play. We will surely only sign Clarke if we can offload Bartley plus one other CB.

He's poor at right back, but I'd still have him there over Furlong every day.
(05-06-2022, 10:27 PM)Sliced Wrote:

+1. O’Shea was often picked ahead of Furlong in the promotion season with Bilic after Ferguson left
(05-07-2022, 06:08 AM)wbamitch Wrote:

+1. O’Shea was often picked ahead of Furlong in the promotion season with Bilic after Ferguson left

It's just Dawson Mk2 isn't it?

But without the surliness.
(05-07-2022, 08:28 AM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(05-07-2022, 06:08 AM)wbamitch Wrote:
(05-06-2022, 10:01 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: O'Shea at full back really, really fucks me off.

It's just Dawson Mk2 isn't it?

But without the surliness.

And dare I say it, not quite as good  Angel

I hope a preseason does him good as he’s been average at best since returning.
If we got relegated this season, I wouldn't want Bartley to stay on, even at League One level. He's shit. There's no way of dressing it up.
Clarnet v2.0