HMRC
1 hr 22 minutes on the phone to get them to link up my self assessment with the absolute bollocks they estimated and agree to remove the £3000 they took off my personal allowance only to be told due to a system “glitch” it has to go up to “technical” which could take 8 weeks. 

I’ll remember that one when they want money off me, the incompetent cunts. All because they ignore the information they’ve had every step of the way and make up any old shit.
I feel your pain. They fucked up our VAT due to some twat closing our limited company’s account and it took 3 years and hundreds of pounds of accountant help and hundreds of my hours to sort it.
I’ve a mate who works for them and said the system is an utter pile of shit due to them employing idiots.
He said it should be like it was 30 years ago where you could go into the office and talk to someone who’d oversee your case.
It’s just modern bollocks.
Well.

HMRC told another employer, nothing to do with me, to use my NI number and such for the new employee's tax. This has caused me no end of trouble, I'm currently paying a massive tax rate since they need to 'investigate it' and that will take until July, ongoing now since December...

Going to get a solicitor involved for giving out, and amending my details without my consent, I've been GDPR controller, that shit is serious.
HMRC is in an total mess. Make Albion look well run at the moment.
It's the post office i have an issue with.

Our local area is bereft of post offices, meaning that the ones that are available are struggling to deal with the volume of customers. 

Try to avoid using the post office if i can, but had to on tuesday afternoon. There was a huge queue, only one of the counters was open and that was being manned by someone who was obviously being trained.

Understandably they were taking a long time to deal with each customer. Why there wasn't another counter open is beyond understanding.

There was a point where i I genuinely regretted not bringing a sleeping bag.

This post office was located in a McColls store, so presumably that will now close.
(05-06-2022, 07:45 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote: It's the post office i have an issue with.

Our local area is bereft of post offices, meaning that the ones that are available are struggling to deal with the volume of customers. 

Try to avoid using the post office if i can, but had to on tuesday afternoon. There was a huge queue, only one of the counters was open and that was being manned by someone who was obviously being trained.

Understandably they were taking a long time to deal with each customer. Why there wasn't another counter open is beyond understanding.

There was a point where i I genuinely regretted not bringing a sleeping bag.

This post office was located in a McColls store, so presumably that will now close.
That's bad, Shabs, but an open "walk-in" place makes this a model of efficiency compared to HMRC closing all offices for this function and a useless call centre that takes hours to get through staffed by untrained personnel, so it is mostly a waste of time. Or you can write to "Written Enquiries" staffed by morons and, moreover, they can "lose" submissions or eventually say they never received them even after being signed for "guaranteed delivery".  I even had one arsehole say that "maybe the postman signed for it himself".  I'd sack them all.  Turning to which...

It is utterly shameful and Jim Harra (boss of HMRC) ought never to be able to sleep - I wouldn't if I knew just one "customer" was being shafted, never mind millions.  Jim basically says HMRC is good because it's believed to be the least bad such service in the world!  Still, he'll get his knighhood for being the factotum and doing his time with his nose clean (with 5 weeks hols min after a few years, Queen's Birthday hol and an extra day for Christmas shopping etc and no effective accountability).  I left HMCE in disgust in 1997 (I joined in 1988 at HQ Policy in London aged 30 after we lost so much industry in the BC at that time).

My clients and industry members in my field are lucky in that, with my experience and trade body and profession representation, I have access to Policy and head of ops (and, indeed Jim Harra by copy) and can ask what the delays and problems are and get it put right, pronto.  Or litigate, if necessary.  Which is a huge pain but if necessary, I do it and force the poliicy attention/change to stop them throwing innocent businesses under a bus.  Like what happened to Post Office staff.  I'm supposed to be bloody retired...