Bartley
(04-22-2022, 09:53 AM)standitupbackstick Wrote: Our main problem under Val was our shots to goals ratio. We tried to address that with the Dike signing but his early injury scuppered that. We do have absolutely no creative quality from midfield which in hindsight wasn't a problem with Val in charge as his style didn't play through midfield. I was no fan of Val's style but given the resources at his disposal it was about as good as we'd get. I didn't complain when he was sacked but I have to admit it's looking very much like the wrong decision at the moment. I don't think any of us believe we would be any worse off with him still in charge than we are now.

Personally, I think we'd be much worse off with him still here, only difference is we'd be looking at a rebuild that would turn us into another version of Barnsley. I'm just hoping that Bruce can get back to his previous Champ form and get us a squad with some battle and a bit of skill again.
(04-22-2022, 09:53 AM)standitupbackstick Wrote: Our main problem under Val was our shots to goals ratio. We tried to address that with the Dike signing but his early injury scuppered that. We do have absolutely no creative quality from midfield which in hindsight wasn't a problem with Val in charge as his style didn't play through midfield. I was no fan of Val's style but given the resources at his disposal it was about as good as we'd get. I didn't complain when he was sacked but I have to admit it's looking very much like the wrong decision at the moment. I don't think any of us believe we would be any worse off with him still in charge than we are now.

The fact that Bruce has not worked out with these wasters does not mean it was a mistake to get rid of Val. He is an inflexible intransigent charlatan who will continue to waste peoples skills with his narrow minded one dimensional hoof ball.
(04-22-2022, 08:09 AM)SausEggBaton Wrote:
(04-20-2022, 02:52 PM)Crossbar11 Wrote: Some on Twitter call him Captain Shitbeard , to be fair thats a epic beard.

Lol

PMSL  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
(04-20-2022, 06:53 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote:
(04-20-2022, 06:34 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
Spandaubaggie Wrote:
Birdman1811 Wrote:
KratosBaggie Wrote:People are finally seeing the light. Excellent.

No.

Bartley hasn't, until recently been ss bad as you liked to make out. However he seems to very yet another who has just given up totally and utterly. He's hideously under performing, seemingly not caring and shouldn't be in the team right now.

He's better than Ajayi, mind, think Scott Darton was tbh.

At the minute there's so many dispirited and not all will not care and be 'stealing a living' as some are saying trying to paint all with the same brush.

The Forest game was a perfect shitstorm encapsulating the season. One down, a somewhat harsh sending off. The build up to a 2nd goal that should never have been allowed due to rubbish refereeing and then a 3rd goal that was either the strike of a lifetime or the fluke of the season.

The only blessing is that the team held it together enough not to have a real humiliating hammering.

An invigorated Bartley is an asset still. Let's see how he is if he's still here next season.
The Forest game WAS a perfect shitstorm, Spandau, but not necessarily for those reasons. Let's try these instead;

Reach was tried and failed miserably in advanced positions for Bruce's first 5 games. Yet he was selected there ahead of TGH. Currently, our most energetic and creative midfielder.
Reach had had a very good game at LWB the previous game instead of the underperforming Townsend yet CT was inexplicably recalled in that position.
Furlong should not have been picked. He rewarded us with a ridiculous kick out and put's his hand up when on the floor in the box. Idiocy.
Bartley, who is League One on his best days, was recalled and twice cost us a goal.
In a game we have to win, Bruce takes of our most mobile forward and top scorer with us a man down and needing 3 goals.
Yes, it was a shitstorm but you know what? I saw the team and had a very good idea it would be. (and I haven't managed over 1,000 games, genius, eh?)

Agreed bud ,i was in firmly in the lets give Bruce a chance etc etc camp ,but when i saw that team sheet Monday night it was a genuine WTF moment and me and the grandson both said we know whats coming.
Really cant understand what on earth he was thinking as the only changes he had to make were Kipre for Ajayi and TGH for Robinson imvho.

You look for clues of incompetence with managers - in Bruce's case it's easy  -  but that team selection for me should have been the final nail in the coffin, he should have been gone at 10pm, the club had three hours to write a 20 word press release.  Those two coaches and his son are obviously yes-men because anyone with any common sense would point out to Cheesy-Chips that we've tried that gaffa and it doesn't work.  "Freshen it up"  my haas.  

That team selection and the performances against Blues and Stoke should have been fatal errors for Bruce but it look like he's got away with it.