Kipre
Set to play on Monday according to Bruce.

Right decision IMO. Also his comments suggest he's aware we weren't very good today but scraped through. Fair assessment
As he should. I really like Kipré and hope he gives a good account of himself.
Statistically was quite low down when it comes to defenders this season but I felt he was improving with every game.

It’s harsh as he’s been one of our best players, but I’d drop Clark now… he won’t be here next season.
Kipre for Ajayi, Shirley? Did no wrong and was starting to look very steady.
(04-15-2022, 09:43 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Statistically was quite low down when it comes to defenders this season but I felt he was improving with every game.

It’s harsh as he’s been one of our best players, but I’d drop Clark now… he won’t be here next season.

Not sure where you get that misinformation from SW4. Win percentage for Kipre is low, but goals conceded per game is very much in the same ballpark as Ajayi, Clarke and Bartley in the Ismael era and obviously much better than anyone in the Bruce era.

With us conceding soft goals every week, Bruce would be negligent if he didn't review all of his options. I wish he'd done it sooner.

Clarke is pretty much the only option on the left - we know from previous seasons that Bartley can't do it. If only he'd stop pissing about on the ball he'd be fine.
(04-16-2022, 09:09 AM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote:
(04-15-2022, 09:43 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Statistically was quite low down when it comes to defenders this season but I felt he was improving with every game.

Not sure where you get that misinformation from SW4. Win percentage for Kipre is low, but goals conceded per game is very much in the same ballpark as Ajayi, Clarke and Bartley in the Ismael era and obviously much better than anyone in the Bruce era.

With us conceding soft goals every week, Bruce would be negligent if he didn't review all of his options. I wish he'd done it sooner.

Clarke is pretty much the only option on the left - we know from previous seasons that Bartley can't do it. If only he'd stop pissing about on the ball he'd be fine.

There was an article on the Athletic a couple weeks ago analysing all the defensive statistics of our CBS and Kipré was the worst, but he was improving.
Classic Champ centre back….brick shithouse…capable of doing it all…at least 2/3 errors a game.