Match Thread
(03-19-2022, 05:42 PM)rsbaggy2 Wrote:
(03-19-2022, 04:58 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(03-19-2022, 04:55 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote:
(03-19-2022, 04:48 PM)Sliced Wrote: It's worth pointing out that Bristol City are a terrible team.

No excuses today. None of this "the poor players were low on confidence" bollocks. We'd just beaten Fulham. Terrible.

A draw in the end. Not as bad as losing to Derby..

Yup.

Sheff Utd, Luton, Millwall all extend leads over us.

QPR at home to Peterborough tomorrow so you have to expect they will too.

How have Millwall extended their lead over us with s defeat?? 
The other way to look at it is we have shortened the gap between ourselves and Huddersfield, Blackburn and aforementioned Millwall.

That’s my bad, misread the results. Thought they beat Blackburn.

(03-19-2022, 05:04 PM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote:
(03-19-2022, 04:02 PM)Sliced Wrote:
(03-19-2022, 03:55 PM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote: What happened to the team that turned out on Tuesday? I can't see us getting into this game at all. No control in midfield, no goal threat, aimless hoofs up to a couple of powder puff "target men". And of course we conceded a truly shite goal, because the "best defence in the division" can always be relied upon to do that when we're struggling to score. Bartley, Ajayi, Clarke all missing when it mattered.

Question is, will Bruce change anything? Diangana is the only game-changer on the bench in the absence of the big man.

I've searched this phrase as you've mentioned it twice now so assume it had been said recently.

This season it's been said four times in total on the board, two of those were 3 months ago and the other two are you Huh

And now it's all over, I'll reply to this. Yes I was exaggerating. We have "one of the best defensive records in the division", which is a different thing.

I keep reading how it's all OK now we've gone back to the three CBs, how Ajayi is transformed and Clarke is our best defender. We conceded two really poor goals from absolutely nothing today. How can Bruce not see that Ajayi, Bartley and Clarke is a disaster waiting to happen? I don't want to see Clarke surging forward into their half while Johnstone, Bartley and Livermore are still tapping the ball around on the edge of our D. I don't want to see Ajayi overlapping down the right then putting in crosses that don't pass the first defender. I want to see good defenders looking organised and defending well, keeping the game in front of them, not stretched all over the park, resorting to last ditch challenges and getting caught out by a sudden loss of possession. Our best two defenders were on the bench again. This match was ours to win, and our defence threw it away.

The only metric that matters is goals conceded and on that basis we do have one of the best defences in the league - only Fulham, Bournemouth and Forest have conceded fewer than us this season.

Before the recent collapse and multiple two goal defeats we did have the best defence in the league.
Thoughr despite a pen and late pass Robbo and Grant were woeful today
Cashed out on 87 minutes to take my accumulator for £148 off a fiver, what a cash out that was.
(03-19-2022, 06:55 PM)Lightnin Wrote: Cashed out on 87 minutes to take my accumulator for £148 off a fiver, what a cash out that was.

Best result of the day to be honest