Global Realpolitik & Austerity
(03-17-2022, 11:43 AM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote:
(03-17-2022, 10:29 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: No, but they aren't as big an issue as people think.

Modern reactors create very little waste. And licking down a nuclear power plant shouldn't be too hard security wise, it will just need adequate security.

There simply isn't a better option.

speak for yourself!

Arf!
The good ol' boys.

[Image: FNzPNPvXsAE8p2k?format=jpg&name=small]
(03-17-2022, 08:47 AM)Tom Joad Wrote: Am I alone in worrying that going down the nuclear power route may mean problems with security? Terrorism, war, storing up problems for the future etc?

The Ukrainian woman on QT was making this exact point last night. She was predicting Putin using the nuclear reactors to spread radiation across Europe when they had “accidents” if he gets control of the country.
(03-18-2022, 09:21 PM)Sotv Wrote:
(03-17-2022, 08:47 AM)Tom Joad Wrote: Am I alone in worrying that going down the nuclear power route may mean problems with security? Terrorism, war, storing up problems for the future etc?

The Ukrainian woman on QT was making this exact point last night. She was predicting Putin using the nuclear reactors to spread radiation across Europe when they had “accidents” if he gets control of the country.

That doesn't really apply here though, much the same as the thing that caused the Fukushima disaster wasn't going to happen to Germany.
(03-19-2022, 12:01 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(03-18-2022, 09:21 PM)Sotv Wrote:

That doesn't really apply here though, much the same as the thing that caused the Fukushima disaster wasn't going to happen to Germany.

Precisely, yet Merkel decided on the suicidal policy of decommissioning anyway.