People from school, decades on...
I knew an Emma Ridge
(03-09-2022, 10:23 AM)Fido Wrote:
(03-09-2022, 10:17 AM)baggy1 Wrote: Just before the pandemic a chap approached me outside the East Stand and called my name, I had no idea who he was and there was an awkward moment he realised that. When he introduced himself it was a lad I went to school with 40 years ago and knew well at the time (had a bit of a crush on his sister) and we chatted. Next time I saw him was on central news as he was Director of Public Health for Wolverhampton or summut like that and they were interviewing him at the test station they had set up.

No mouldy mugs were involved at any point in this story.

(03-09-2022, 10:15 AM)Fido Wrote:
(03-09-2022, 10:06 AM)GunsOfNavarone Wrote: Why does Mr. Fones keep his mugs on the floor next to the peddle bin?

I know his brother, Ed. 

<joking apart I just did a Google and a few daft cnuts have actually named their kid "Ed" as well>

Couldn't make it up, even though I just did.

<in the spirit of today's replies to Fido> How exactly did you know his brother Ed? The OP was about people we knew from school, if this doesn't apply here can you take it to the other bored or start your own thread please.

I have a raft of funny names I've come across in the past but I still reckon a kid at my mate's school called "Dwayne Pipe" nicks it.
A mate of mine worked for a firm that made aircraft parts, he was told to phone a bloke in Kansas City or wherever, regarding fuel gauges for light aircraft. The Yank was named Earl E Bird. One place I worked had a young lass as a typist, Emma Dale.
Seem to recall `Thats Life` showing a car salesman called Robin Bastard.
Marvin Gaye, Pete Burns (still one of my best mates) and Richard Blower.
(03-09-2022, 10:23 AM)Fido Wrote: I have a raft of funny names I've come across in the past but I still reckon a kid at my mate's school called "Dwayne Pipe" nicks it.

In my year there was a Keeley Kerr, her younger brother was rather unfortunately called Wayne... Obviously the parent's didn't like him much.
When in the R.A.F some of the upper class officers had daft names, Flying Officer Jeremy Jayakody-Arachide.
Also had a Squadron Leader, Ivor Bogg.
(03-09-2022, 11:20 AM)Mr vertical Wrote: Marvin Gaye, Pete Burns (still one of my best mates) and Richard Blower.
I worked with William Shakespear.
Worked with a Jenny Taylor and an Evan Evans
A bloke I had correspondence with via work. Winter Clockwork Steamgear Frost - you can look him up at Companies House.
I was over in Cradley Heath first thing putting up a scaffolding tower at one of our rentals today to sort out some penetrating damp. To be honest I think it's pretty fucking disgraceful that the council haven't sorted this out. You wonder what they actually do.