Tom Joad Wrote:
EastMidsBaggie Wrote:I go to everyone for my sins though it’s getting a pain at times like the last two.
However, my wife can’t get to night matches so only weekend ones have been used on that second season ticket and she’s even saying she can’t be bothered with weekend games as she’s out of the habit/bored with it all.
The third season ticket we get is for an elderly parent who won’t attend winter night matches anyway but I’ll health has see that only used for the first few games of the season.
So, out of out three season tickets it likely to only be mine that’s renewed and even that will be done with a heavy heart as I’m really not happy with how our club is being mismanaged. With wife/relatives no longer going and wanting to do other things then eventually my commitment will start to sever.

Never thought we would lose crowds and match day experience so quickly and drastically.
That's bad. Maybe you should share this with Sky Sports and the club although I'm not sure they would listen they would at least realise how awkward they are making things. It's an inconvenience to me, I moan but still go, it doesn't impact hugely. Your situation is different and it is a shame the club may lose such loyal family support. Many others doing the same and they may have to listen.

Maybe, but doubt the Club really care to be honest.

Jacobthebaggie Wrote:The empty seats wouldn't be in such abundance if we were pissing the league whatever day/night the game was on

True but we cannot even score a goal in this wretched division at the moment !
The big problem is that when you lose fans they are very difficult to win back for a club like ours who never really seems to have any big plans or ambitions; never has any backing pumped into it.
There's a real malaise and apathy around the old ground. I think it's dawned on most fans that it looks like the late 2000s, early 2010s are probably as good as we will ever get (and wont get near for a while) whilst our neighbours both seem to have genuine competitiveness, resources and ambition at the top level.
Last we mostly tried to be upbeat from the off and back the new manager but it was all very contrived rather than any great optimism that things can be exciting again.
(02-15-2022, 09:10 AM)TartanRug Wrote:
(02-15-2022, 09:02 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(02-15-2022, 09:01 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: We won't be on so much next year. Sky must be regretting choosing us so much.

If they regretted it then why do they keep picking us?

It's baffling. Certainly not on there for the entertainment value.

Agreed about the evening matches killing our season, I expect a few but this season is ridiculous. I can only make Wednesday and Friday midweek matches so last night was another one I've missed.

We get highest viewing figures in Champ
(02-15-2022, 01:11 PM)MancBaggie Wrote:
(02-15-2022, 01:02 PM)Hopalong Wrote: Our club is in an induced coma on the way to a slow and painful death...can Bruce bring it back to life...it's not looking hopeful as he doesn't have the tools or apparently despite his 'promotion' credentials - the nous. 

What an absolute shambles.

Tell me youre not giving up Athers...might as well throw the towel in now  Sad

No mate - probably partly due to having a bad day but also for the first time since probably pre-Megson I just can't see the way forward at the moment due to the lack of quality and seemingly shambolic state of the club.  For certainly the past 20 yrs we've had a core of players who gave you some confidence, but this lot?  

Bruce has already abandoned his 4-3-3 which doesn't fill you with confidence but at least he's held his hands up and said he's made a mistake.   In my view, with the break, he had enough time -  given his experience -  to have come up with a system that suits the players we have.

He's now apparently gone back to the drawing board.  So I reckon he has another 5 games max (with hopefully Dike back for Hull away) to find a formula to create chances, score goals and win matches.   

We'll find out in due course but he has no means really of changing personnel unless he throws kids in (and Dike's fit).  We have too many players who are just not good enough and others who for whatever reason are not performing to their potential.  Is confidence the main issue and when the first goal goes in we'll be fine?  

I would put Diang in the side and just leave him there.  TGH too.  The defence is fine especially with O'Shea and Barts to come back in.  It's the midfield he needs to sort.  I just don't know what he does with Grant and Robinson.  Phillips is injured yet again.  And to think him and Jake have another year!
(02-15-2022, 04:59 PM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(02-15-2022, 09:10 AM)TartanRug Wrote:
(02-15-2022, 09:02 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(02-15-2022, 09:01 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: We won't be on so much next year. Sky must be regretting choosing us so much.

If they regretted it then why do they keep picking us?

It's baffling. Certainly not on there for the entertainment value.

Agreed about the evening matches killing our season, I expect a few but this season is ridiculous. I can only make Wednesday and Friday midweek matches so last night was another one I've missed.

We get highest viewing figures in Champ

We're massive
If we fail to make the playoffs ,or at least have a decent run to the end of the season to gain some momentum going into next season then I fear our support will dwindle even further, however as always a winning team and the support will return .
Just looked at the next four fixtures and I don't think I'm going to be able to bother.

We have been pug-ugly to watch all season, we can't score, pass or even attack really and Bruce won't change that.

Those games feel like dead rubbers and I think viewing fugures and Hawthorns attendance wll continue to fall. It all feels a bit too bleak...
Thought I would look at this on the basis of facts rather than generally whining.

18/23 games on the ST now fixed to the end of March.

5 were scheduled for midweek-including PNE rescheduled from Xmas-as a long-distance STH I'd expect to write these off.

6 (33% !!) moved from Sat to evening KO at the request of Sky (and counting).

Therefore 11/18 games are evening games-61%

Of the remaining 7/39%

Attended 4

Missed 3 due to other commitments-again my problem I know.

If anyone here attends the Assembly I'd love to know why Mr Gourlay or anybody else thinks I should shell out £650+ for next season based on that.

Fucking joke.