Thoughts
Nick, are you bored with the six thing yet? It was stupid when it started, it's even more stupid now.

You got your wish he's gone, probably deservedly so.
no way was ishmael taking us to top 6 this year.

games      pts       goals

0-5           13         12

6-10          9           8

11-15        6           5

16-20        6           2

21-25        8           4

26-29        3           3

it looks like the start of the season was the anomaly and the form since then is only showing a mid table side at best.
9 goals in 14 games is truly impressive.
(02-15-2022, 02:07 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Nick, are you bored with the six thing yet? It was stupid when it started, it's even more stupid now.

I mean, I know you've got the IP addresses and stuff but I don't think Mass D is Nick.
(02-15-2022, 03:56 PM)SophLad Wrote:
(02-15-2022, 02:07 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Nick, are you bored with the six thing yet? It was stupid when it started, it's even more stupid now.

I mean, I know you've got the IP addresses and stuff but I don't think Mass D is Nick.

Could be wrong, but same joke repeated ad nauseum, same comments even, seems very similar.

Apologies if wrong MD
strawman Wrote:
Cuzer Wrote:
Cunninghamismagic Wrote:"Val got the best out of this rag bag conning bunch of players"

I gave up after this. Ismael project was a fuggin disaster

Ismail would have finished in the top 6, no doubt

Any other opinion and your clearly blinded by the media shitstorm that the players were toxic with Val

He would have sorted this rabble with some fan patience, he never got any

I hope Bruce does, blame is with the primadonna players, neither manager

Cuzer

1.2 points per game in his last 19 games with a gradual decline - yep definitely on course to finish top 6

Agreed, not sure how anyone can say we would have definitely finished n the Play Offs under the direction Val was taking us !  We are actually getting worse as time went and his lack of flexibility and nous was glaringly exposed.
Also agree that the blame does not just lie with the manager as these players haven't really shown any decent consistency of performance since lockdown and the club is dysfunctional from the top down.
The club seems aimless with no real plan to improve on OR off the pitch. We can only hope the recent changes are a bit more substantial than just rearranging the Titanic deck chairs.
(02-15-2022, 09:11 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: Yesterday was an example of the same issues that plagued us under Val coming to the fore again. On watching it we were fine until we got into the final third but looked devoid of ideas. Statistically, we created more and better chances than Blackburn (everyone's favourite xG).

This is an issue with the squad, I'll be shocked if Bruce fixes it before Dike gets fit (assuming Dike fixes it). There is a serious lack of both creativity and goalscoring ability in this squad that systems, shapes, philosophies or formations isn't going to address. Not Bruce's fault we didn't score last night, not Bruce's fault we didn't score against Sheffield United.

Neither was it Val's fault that the numerous chances created under his flawed system were not converted nor was he at fault with the individual calamitous mistakes which cost us loads of points.
(02-15-2022, 01:49 PM)MassDebater Wrote:
(02-15-2022, 12:36 PM)WorcsWBA Wrote:
(02-15-2022, 09:00 AM)Cuzer Wrote: Ismail would have finished in the top 6, no doubt

Any other opinion and your clearly blinded by the media shitstorm that the players were toxic with Val

Cuzer

I agree with that and hope that Bruce can get a tune out of them, although it's hardly rocket science to identify that Carroll needs to have someone playing alongside him. I can't see why that wasn't done in both the games he's been in charge for.

Val never got the benefit of being able to use a target man centre forward who was worthy of the name. Dike got injured and then the rest of the players had decided that they were going to give up by the time Carroll arrived, aided and abetted by the OTT fan negativity.

this is getting so tedious now. Six could have got a target man type player in in the summer had he been able to identify one, instead he got Hugill in and then made an average players into an utter garbage one, obviously Cardiff do things differently with him... That's down to the way he was played, which is down to the manager.

Six got in the players who have weakened us. Even if you use the tired he had no money wahhhh argument, he could still have got other players in, instead he chose to gamble everything on waiting for Dike. Simple as that. We ended up spending top 4 amounts and are 9th.

Six's recruitment choices were as bad as his in game management, and his having no clue how to counteract his one and only tactic being counteracted. It really is as simple as that. Had he stayed I actually think we'd be looking at finishing in the high teens positions at best.

But, guess what, he's gone and left a shit pile to be tidied up by Bruce. He was simply one of the worst ever managers we've had.

Mass

Hang your fucking head pal

One of the worst managers we’ve ever had, how old are you fella, 14? I’ve seen some right rabble down here, this bloke left us 5th in the Championship and I shall reiterate would have got us in the play offs, he would have sorted this shit out, I’m not saying Bruce won’t but some of the criticism of Val is disgusting 

Players down tools, wankers, stick some blame at their door

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
(02-15-2022, 07:59 PM)Cuzer Wrote:
(02-15-2022, 09:00 AM)Cuzer Wrote: Ismail would have finished in the top 6, no doubt

Cuzer

I agree with that and hope that Bruce can get a tune out of them, although it's hardly rocket science to identify that Carroll needs to have someone playing alongside him. I can't see why that wasn't done in both the games he's been in charge for.

Val never got the benefit of being able to use a target man centre forward who was worthy of the name. Dike got injured and then the rest of the players had decided that they were going to give up by the time Carroll arrived, aided and abetted by the OTT fan negativity.

this is getting so tedious now. Six could have got a target man type player in in the summer had he been able to identify one, instead he got Hugill in and then made an average players into an utter garbage one, obviously Cardiff do things differently with him... That's down to the way he was played, which is down to the manager.

Six got in the players who have weakened us. Even if you use the tired he had no money wahhhh argument, he could still have got other players in, instead he chose to gamble everything on waiting for Dike. Simple as that. We ended up spending top 4 amounts and are 9th.

Six's recruitment choices were as bad as his in game management, and his having no clue how to counteract his one and only tactic being counteracted. It really is as simple as that. Had he stayed I actually think we'd be looking at finishing in the high teens positions at best.

But, guess what, he's gone and left a shit pile to be tidied up by Bruce. He was simply one of the worst ever managers we've had.

Mass

One of the worst managers we’ve ever had, how old are you fella, 14? I’ve seen some right rabble down here, this bloke left us 5th in the Championship and I shall reiterate would have got us in the play offs, he would have sorted this shit out, I’m not saying Bruce won’t but some of the criticism of Val is disgusting 

Cuzer
There’s the huge majority who cannot see how Val would’ve got us top six. The last 19 games of his regime was bottom third form. 
He was a rubbish boss for us- one of the worst unquestionably and I’ve supported us since 1975.
(02-15-2022, 08:22 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(02-15-2022, 07:59 PM)Cuzer Wrote:

Cuzer

Mass

Cuzer
There’s the huge majority who cannot see how Val would’ve got us top six. The last 19 games of his regime was bottom third form. 
He was a rubbish boss for us- one of the worst unquestionably and I’ve supported us since 1975.
Agree he was poor a one trick pony and stubborn beyond belief , but was ably assisted by the most lacklustre ,poor quality, inept mentally weak squads i can remember. They sensed the fans turning so what did they do, down tools and threw him under the bus at the earliest opportunity in the hope this chinese lad will get someone in who will give them an easier time  ,make no mistake this sqaud have had a major impact on our current demise.
My only hope is Lai has finally seen the light and the changes he has made is the first small steps in our rebuild ,unfortunately this will take time maybe several seasons and i doubt our fan base in its current mind set will allow that, more probably be calling for Bruce's head if we dont go up this season .