Under 23s - #10
Is there one? Richards? Castro? 

I think its been universally ageed we need to play 2 closer together up top regardless of shape. But maybe Grady aside, who should be wide left. Have we got anybody else?
It’s becoming achingly apparent that we do not have a single creative midfielder at the club, so why are we trying to persist with a formation that requires one?

We have to get the best out of the severely limited resources we currently have and for now, IMO, that means bypassing creativity. I’d go a 4-4-2, Mowatt and TGH in the middle with Reach and Diangana on the wings. Carroll up top with either Grant or Robinson playing off him. Instructions just to get it wide and get it up to Carroll.

It wouldn’t be pretty or inspiring but it would be the most effective route to goal with what we currently have.
(02-15-2022, 08:32 AM)Duffers Wrote: It’s becoming achingly apparent that we do not have a single creative midfielder at the club, so why are we trying to persist with a formation that requires one?

We have to get the best out of the severely limited resources we currently have and for now, IMO, that means bypassing creativity. I’d go a 4-4-2, Mowatt and TGH in the middle with Reach and Diangana on the wings. Carroll up top with either Grant or Robinson playing off him. Instructions just to get it wide and get it up to Carroll.

It wouldn’t be pretty or inspiring but it would be the most effective route to goal with what we currently have.

This. It isn't the football we all want to see, but we have to maximise our resources.
(02-15-2022, 08:32 AM)Duffers Wrote: It’s becoming achingly apparent that we do not have a single creative midfielder at the club, so why are we trying to persist with a formation that requires one?

I don’t disagree with the principle, but that would require Diangana to learn to cross instead of running down blind allies and losing possession and turning Reach into a footballer. No one on this side can cross a ball, or pass.
No one in our squad can cross a football it seems.

We had Brunt for too long so in the interest of fairness not allowed a good crosser anymore.

I don't think the #10 position jn a 3412 has to be "creative" I am thinking more Kevin Nolan, Lampard, Clint Dempsey. A goal threat from deep. Somebody who's jobs isn't to create and get involved but to run into the box and cause issues.
Lurker#3 Wrote:
Duffers Wrote:It’s becoming achingly apparent that we do not have a single creative midfielder at the club, so why are we trying to persist with a formation that requires one?

I don't think the #10 position jn a 3412 has to be "creative" I am thinking more Kevin Nolan, Lampard, Clint Dempsey. A goal threat from deep. Somebody who's jobs isn't to create and get involved but to run into the box and cause issues.

Step up....Bomber Brown.