Allardyce on last season
Sums it up pretty perfectly.

There were a host of well qualified managers out of work and it turns out we had the ideal man for the job already in place.
The most interesting bit was right at the beginning:

"what we might do with some players that were giving off the wrong vibes at the club, as well as the ones who were making the right vibes, and how we dealt with them accordingly."

Not really a surprise though. I guess he wanted a big clear-out, release maybe a couple of players who were on long contracts. The club would have baulked at the expense.
(02-15-2022, 12:28 PM)WorcsWBA Wrote:
(02-15-2022, 12:23 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Doesn't think much of our players does he?

As we only won 4 out of his 25 games here, he either has to point the finger at the players or himself, and his ego's too big to attach any blame to himself. The players do deserve lots of criticism, of course, as they'd been stumbling along since mid-season in the previous promotion season, but Allardyce also failed.

Interesting piece and so galling re Lingard.  Just de-valued by the fact that nothing is ever his fault and Bruce is one of his best boozing buddies going back 25 years.

Talking to some of the Academy staff - things might have worked out better if he had spent more time on the training ground - rather than tipping up just for matches/ the odd day
Big Sam knew what was up. He identified exactly where our weakness was and attempted to fix it.

He also knew that we’d be selling our best player this season and forced to replace them with free transfers, and that this was an impossible feat.
(02-15-2022, 01:02 PM)MancBaggie Wrote:
(02-15-2022, 12:28 PM)WorcsWBA Wrote:
(02-15-2022, 12:23 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Doesn't think much of our players does he?

As we only won 4 out of his 25 games here, he either has to point the finger at the players or himself, and his ego's too big to attach any blame to himself. The players do deserve lots of criticism, of course, as they'd been stumbling along since mid-season in the previous promotion season, but Allardyce also failed.

Interesting piece and so galling re Lingard.  Just de-valued by the fact that nothing is ever his fault and Bruce is one of his best boozing buddies going back 25 years.

Talking to some of the Academy staff - things might have worked out better if he had spent more time on the training ground - rather than tipping up just for matches/ the odd day

That's what annoys me about some coaches and managers. The notion that they don't have to spend time with the players on the training ground. RDM with his restaurant and his inability to get to training until midweek. Kenny Dalglish, with not a scrap of coaching training or qualifications behind him - "Kenny doesn't coach", as Lawrenson said. If you're asking the players to work harder, then you aren't there working yourself, you aren't going to get them onboard.

Reminds me of a Brian Clough story. He was famous for never taking training. It was many days after signing when David Currie first met him. Clough said "Who the fuck are you, son?" "I'm David Currie, boss, you just paid £900k for me". "Did I? I must have been fucking mad, you're useless". Played him just 8 times and sold him in the summer.
That was a refreshingly detailed interview, although very little that we already didn't know.
(02-15-2022, 01:49 PM)Squid Wrote: That was a refreshingly detailed interview, although very little that we already didn't know.

Does BFS post secretly on here. 
Read most of this in after match meltdowns.
Tbh our loans have been poor, especially midfield.
To loose 4 PL standard players and replace them with 4
weaker players is a larger then life problem.
Looking at that top photo, poor Sam's lost a lot of weight worrying about the Baggies.
I think it should of sent alarm bells ringing when he didn’t want the job at the end of the season.Let’s be honest I don’t think he will manage again and so to turn down us tells us more about the state of the club.It really wouldn’t of took much to get Sam to stay.
(02-15-2022, 04:25 PM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote: Looking at that top photo, poor Sam's lost a lot of weight worrying about the Baggies.

He can't be worrying too much with that Dingle top on.