The sack
(01-27-2022, 03:24 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Resigned before pushed or having head torn off after being threatened by salesman for not doing over time for him. His exact words were... if you don't don't work over(for free), I will rip off your head and spit down your neck! I told him to f off and went home. Awful company and work culture, he's probably a Tory MP now!

If Val goes he sounds exactly what we need
Was sacked working at Dominos Delivery.

I would give a free dip when they would be charged 3 for 99p.

Management found out and terminated my contract and said I was undermining them.

Was a bitter pill to swallow as I did love the role.
(01-27-2022, 03:52 PM)Super_Slav Wrote: Was sacked working at Dominos Delivery.

Management found out and terminated my contract and said I was undermining them.

Should have washed it down with some Ranch Dressing
As a contractor you're always ready for the chop. Only once was I blown out of the building the same day - even then it was because of a bust-up with management the previous week. They had to get someone in from Head Office to tell me. I didn't think I was that scary tbh. Negotiated full payment of my retention bonus and stayed until 7.00pm leaving everything straight for them. My team bought me an £80 bottle of bourbon. Good result all round, I thought.
(01-27-2022, 03:57 PM)SophLad Wrote:

Should have washed it down with some Ranch Dressing

Big Grin
Never been sacked, closest I came was organising my 'voluntary' redundancy, and the associated package to go, then come back as a contractor.

You loved delivering pizza?
In the form of his life.
Once i was working in some crappy customer service type job, the kind where you get loads of temps and the management treat the staff like crap.
This office manager tried giving me a bollocking for something or other in front of the entire office, the usual poor attempt at bullying you get in a small company. I'd seen her previously reduce a couple of temps to tears with her nasty remarks and put downs so i was kind of prepared.
I launched into a foul mouthed tirade that culminated in me telling her that everyone knew that the reason she walked funny was because she was regularly taking it up the backside from the financial controller.
I bumped into a lad who worked there some years later and he said he still chuckled at remembering the incident.
(01-27-2022, 04:38 PM)Midget In A Pinstripe Suit Wrote:

You loved delivering pizza?

It gave him access to footballer’s bins.
(01-27-2022, 01:47 PM)Lurker#3 Wrote: Once; My first post Uni job.

I set up a gym at golf course. Was going really well, then happened to walk in on the director knobbing the front of house manager, next thing you know the Fitness Manager was released from his services. Funny that!

Exactly the opposite. First job was a shop assistant at a DIY shop when they still had them in High Streets. Caught the Manageress being tonked by one of the Reps in the stock room. Got moved up a couple levels on the pay scale and a bonus for 'sales' not to tell her husband who was in the shop daily.
TBH I never would have done so. 
She was as fit as.... and looking back I reckon I could have had a bash too but I was a very naïve 17 and she was considerably more 'worldly' than me.