Poll: Should Valerian Ismael be sacked?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, sack him.
32.00%
48 32.00%
No, needs time yet.
68.00%
102 68.00%
Total 150 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Sack Val poll.
(01-20-2022, 01:38 PM)ElbowGrease1973 Wrote: I rarely bother....

Wink
[quote pid="447779" dateline="1642685897"]
[quote pid="447759" dateline="1642683035"]
I rarely bother....
[/quote]

[/quote]

Failed. Rubbish ay i.
(01-20-2022, 01:04 PM)WorcsWBA Wrote:
(01-20-2022, 12:47 PM)Ted Maul Wrote: Can someone please tell me how to do this?!  Cool

1. When you click the "Reply" button for an already quoted message, bear in mind that the name of the person who's made the most recent post in the quoted is actually at the top (furthest away from the message that they wrote) and all other additional quoted messages are nested, with the contributors' names listed in reverse chronological order (most recent first), whereas the wording of each quoted message is in chronological order (oldest first)! Getting the hang of that is the most tricky part in making sure you don't attribute to the wrong person any quoted text that you retain! That may be why many don't try to unravel it when quoting other messages in their replies.
  2. Nothwithstanding what I've said above, you can delete as much of the quoted text as you want in your reply. You'll often end up with an empty horizontal box with a line around it but, if you make sure the cursor's inside the box, as long as there aren't any spaces, you can just press Delete and the box will also disappear.
  3. Try experimenting using the "Preview Post" button.
HTH

uh?
(01-20-2022, 02:06 PM)hudds Wrote:
(01-20-2022, 12:47 PM)Ted Maul Wrote: Can someone please tell me how to do this?!  Cool

1. When you click the "Reply" button for an already quoted message, bear in mind that the name of the person who's made the most recent post in the quoted is actually at the top (furthest away from the message that they wrote) and all other additional quoted messages are nested, with the contributors' names listed in reverse chronological order (most recent first), whereas the wording of each quoted message is in chronological order (oldest first)! Getting the hang of that is the most tricky part in making sure you don't attribute to the wrong person any quoted text that you retain! That may be why many don't try to unravel it when quoting other messages in their replies.
  2. Nothwithstanding what I've said above, you can delete as much of the quoted text as you want in your reply. You'll often end up with an empty horizontal box with a line around it but, if you make sure the cursor's inside the box, as long as there aren't any spaces, you can just press Delete and the box will also disappear.
HTH

uh?
Same.
I feel like Diangana at a Val team talk.
(01-20-2022, 12:47 PM)Ted Maul Wrote: Can someone please tell me how to do this?!  Cool

click Quote on the post... then in the typing box you'll see a Quote these Posts option, click that... you'll then see the posts but at the start you'll see [ quote ] and at the end of each post you'll see [ / quote ] The trick is to delete everything you don't want and to leave the first and last [ quote ][ /quote ] tags... (I've added spaces which won't be there otherwise it was very hard to read this guide!

Wen you get used to it you can keep a couple of the quotes if you want... the last poster will be the first and end [ quote][/ quote] so find the start of their reply and drag up to select everything you want to delete.

or if you want to confuse everyone put random crap in the
(01-20-2022, 12:47 PM)Ted Maul Wrote: like this random crap, Villa suck donkey nads
(01-20-2022, 02:06 PM)hudds Wrote:

HTH

uh?

eH?
(01-20-2022, 02:58 PM)SophLad Wrote:
(01-20-2022, 02:06 PM)hudds Wrote: uh?

eH?

I'm so glad that I bothered...

(01-20-2022, 02:56 PM)MassDebater Wrote: click Quote on the post... then in the typing box you'll see a Quote these Posts option

That doesn't happen for me, hence me being unaware of it when I replied to Ted. All that happens when I click on "Quote" is that the button label changes from "Quote+" to "Quote-". I can't reply to a post without clicking the "Reply" button.

Perhaps what you're describing is a feature that gets activated after someone has made a certain number of posts, given that it's drilling down to the HTML level?
(01-20-2022, 03:09 PM)WorcsWBA Wrote:

(01-20-2022, 02:56 PM)MassDebater Wrote: Arse biscuits

That doesn't happen for me, hence me being unaware of it when I replied to Ted. All that happens when I click on "Quote" is that the button laQUOTE
really easy knobheads[/quote]QUOTEbel changes from "Quote+" to "Quote-". I can't reply to a post without clicking the "Reply" button.

Perhaps what you're describing is a feature that gets activated after someone has made a certain number of posts, given that it's drilling down to the HTML level?
[/quote]

I'm not really getting the hang of this [/quote] [\unquote]
(01-20-2022, 03:27 PM)MrFizz Wrote:

pRoblem pal?
(01-20-2022, 03:29 PM)hudds Wrote:
(01-20-2022, 03:27 PM)MrFizz Wrote: