4 points to make up
With 12 games to go. Disappointing today but to say this result is the end of our automatic promotion hopes is absolutely ridiculous.

I anticipate there will be an overreaction but after a decent few games we were beaten by a very good team that played us absolutely perfectly. It's not a coincidence that they are second in the league.

On to Leeds
A very good team? Were you watching the same game as me?
(02-23-2019, 07:30 PM)Sliced Wrote: With 12 games to go. Disappointing today but to say this result is the end of our automatic promotion hopes is absolutely ridiculous.

I anticipate there will be an overreaction but after a decent few games we were beaten by a very good team that played us absolutely perfectly. It's not a coincidence that they are second in the league.

On to Leeds

They looked bang average. We simply looked inept.
Sheffield United were very effective, nothing more.
Average in terms of what? The Champ? Because they're second.

Their performance was akin to ours v Villa and we were all bleating about how perfect a performance it was. They got their tactics absolutely spot on. If they had tried to dominate or push for more goals we likely would have got something. The best teams aren't always the ones that batter the opposition.
Sheffield United were excellent tonight, did exactly what they planned to do. Get a goal and sit on it, make occasional moves forward so we didn't over commit then make niggly fouls and waste time.

Exactly what they did.
It's also what we do away from home.
 Unfortunately we look a different team at home.
Blades’ tactics were bang on. He’s got very average footballers playing very effectively.

Let’s hope we learn from it
We're not as bad as some of the knee jerk posts I'm seeing today. We're not as good as the hype after the last two away wins.
Clarnet v2.0
(02-23-2019, 07:56 PM)KratosBaggie Wrote: We're not as bad as some of the knee jerk posts I'm seeing today. We're not as good as the hype after the last two away wins.

No one is saying we're shit; we have a very strong squad and team.  The frustration is that we should be doing better.  There can't be many teams in all four divisions with worse home form than us, and I would imagine none at all in the top half of their league.  Which, when we've probably got the best away form in all four divisions, implies to me that it's down to tactics.