Football fans are the worst...
(12-01-2021, 12:29 PM)Llandudno Baggie Wrote: Always crowd bellendery at gatherings, be it football, gigs, or whatever, especially when drink and drugs are order of the day, but it does seem worse after lockdown.
I have been to several gigs of late, and people seem more pumped up - edgy atmospheres, lots of intolerance, especially in reactions to Covid restrictions, and even seated in a theatre watching Squeeze, my wife and i were puked on from behind by a drunken woman - end of evening. Mrs LB went to Manchester last week with our daughters (Christmas market/lights), and phoned me saying she simply felt threatened and wished they weren't there due to marauading drunk kids/yobs causing trouble.
Many of my family work in hospitality, and report so much aggressive and rude behaviour - my daughter is a hotel manager, and was assaulted last week by a drunken guest, and my granddaughter is a receptionist, and every day reports argy bargy from aggressive and whingeing guests threatening all sorts - oddly many of the culprits are 60 plus!

My daughter got a part-time job 2 months ago working in Wetherspoons whilst at Uni up north.
The shit she has to put with is unbelievable and not just young lads. We are talking about middle aged men with absolutely disgusting comments and behaviour. 
I've told her to quit - no job is worth putting up with that shit.
Don't know what's happened, but talking to people in retail and hospitality its only getting worse too.
(11-30-2021, 05:34 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(11-30-2021, 04:50 PM)hudds Wrote:
(11-30-2021, 04:06 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: Someone tried to start a fight with me because I accidentally nudged them on my way back from work through the German Market in Brum. That was fun.

Schweinhundt!  Gott strafe der Brumchavsheisskopff.

Isn't the whole point of the German Market that locals don't bother?

I have no idea what the point of 'em is at all, lid!  I avoid 'em!
(12-01-2021, 05:10 PM)hudds Wrote:
(11-30-2021, 04:06 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: Someone tried to start a fight with me because I accidentally nudged them on my way back from work through the German Market in Brum. That was fun.

The point of the German markets (Brum's is allegedly one of the top ones in Europe now!) is to fleece idiots who think they're getting a real authentic german Market. Instead you get overpriced shyte beer and sausages that cost more than a pint in a pub. Rip off and best avoided.
MassDebater Wrote:
hudds Wrote:
Borin' Baggie Wrote:
hudds Wrote:
Borin' Baggie Wrote:Someone tried to start a fight with me because I accidentally nudged them on my way back from work through the German Market in Brum. That was fun.

The point of the German markets (Brum's is allegedly one of the top ones in Europe now!) is to fleece idiots who think they're getting a real authentic german Market. Instead you get overpriced shyte beer and sausages that cost more than a pint in a pub. Rip off and best avoided.

C'rect. There are plenty of places in Brum you can get a good pint and a pork based snack. You'll also get fewer tourists and a radiator nearby.
(12-01-2021, 08:41 PM)MassDebater Wrote:
(12-01-2021, 05:10 PM)hudds Wrote:

I am familiar with the largish Manc one I always skirt, too.

Moreover, since I am a veggie and eschew lager, there's nothing to tempt me.   Just fug it right off. Pork based snacks - fuggem.