Armistice Day
Lest we forget.
Exactly. Never forget.

Sad to see so few poppies being worn around this year, then again I've not seen any of the old fellas selling them (I guess Cov has restricted it?) and only been able to buy them in pubs.
I've seen quite a few collectors at Birmingham New Street (Grand Central). As for where else they can be purchased there's always poppy pins from the RBL website. If people want to wear poppies it's down to their own discretion. But for those who want to wear them there are ways to source them.
(11-11-2021, 09:19 AM)MassDebater Wrote: Exactly. Never forget.

Sad to see so few poppies being worn around this year, then again I've not seen any of the old fellas selling them (I guess Cov has restricted it?) and only been able to buy them in pubs.

I'm not wearing one as I believe it's now a symbol of jingoism and nationalism instead of remembrance, I still donated two quid to the RBL when they had people dressed up like they're from WWI in Birmingham city centre last week. There were also scouts and cubs selling them in Warwick town centre over the weekend as there usually is.
(11-11-2021, 09:24 AM)GunsOfNavarone Wrote: I've seen quite a few collectors at Birmingham New Street (Grand Central). As for where else they can be purchased there's always poppy pins from the RBL website. If people want to wear poppies it's down to their own discretion. But for those who want to wear them there are ways to source them.

Are we going out less too? Seen plenty at Birmingham Airport and New Street. The RBL seem to have put in an extra effort with both sites having live music to pull in more poppy wearers.
I think a big part of this year's lack of poppies will be people not getting out to buy them. I hardly venture far outside of baggy1ivorytower these days but luckily my lad got me one of the metal poppies attached to the Albion badge which I'm wearing each day with pride.
Sadly seen very few poppies being worn. Could understand last year but with everything now open...

(11-11-2021, 09:41 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:

I'm not wearing one as I believe it's now a symbol of jingoism and nationalism instead of remembrance, I still donated two quid to the RBL when they had people dressed up like they're from WWI in Birmingham city centre last week. There were also scouts and cubs selling them in Warwick town centre over the weekend as there usually is.

Symbol of jingoism? WTF. Hope this is a wind up.
(11-11-2021, 10:08 AM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Sadly seen very few poppies being worn. Could understand last year but with everything now open...

<Grabs popcorn>
(11-11-2021, 10:08 AM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Sadly seen very few poppies being worn. Could understand last year but with everything now open...

Maybe have this debate tomorrow lads.
Lest we forget

I know Derekhardballs wants this day banned but we will fight for it