Hammer the poor, defend the rich
Proth still defending a position his party has abandoned in the face of public fury.
(11-05-2021, 09:53 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: That is from a QC. This is a stupid hill for you to die on.

All I have suggested is that Paterson deserves due process, guilty or not. He doesn't believe he's received that, and I'm inclined to agree with him.

It's irrelevant anyway, now that he's resigned. 

This week has been a poor one for the administration of justice for MPs on both sides of the house.
(11-05-2021, 10:56 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(11-05-2021, 09:53 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: That is from a QC. This is a stupid hill for you to die on.

All I have suggested is that Paterson deserves due process, guilty or not. He doesn't believe he's received that, and I'm inclined to agree with him.

And that's the stupid hill, because it's clear he has had due process. The point of his complaint over witness statements is irrelevant, they were provided and deemed irrelevant and his and your assertion that an oral examination vs the written ones given makes no sense whatsoever. His argument that he did disclose his arrangements with the FSA is a lie, as shown by the FSA's internal communications between themselves and Patterson.

What do you think should happen? In a civil court any appeal would be thrown out as he's admitted guilt and the case for sanctions appears rock solid. This isn't a criminal or employment issue so that avenue can't happen and the technicality he's arguing and you're parroting make no sense.

I maintain, this is a stupid hill for you to die on. Read the report, look at the appendices. He's a lying sack of shit.

He's another qualified legal expert shredding the accusation that Patterson didn't receive due process to shreds:

https://twitter.com/LevinsLaw/status/145...4149872646

In fact, it is apparent that he had quite favourable process.
Meanwhile whilst the government put a protective arm around the most able…

Not ok