Footballers receiving on line abuse
(09-20-2021, 10:25 AM)baggiebloke Wrote:
(09-20-2021, 07:28 AM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(09-20-2021, 07:18 AM)baggiebloke Wrote: There should be a mechanism that, just before a comment is posted online, it asks a series of questions:

1. Would you say it to their face?
2. Would ya? Honestly?
3. Do you like porridge?

The 'would you say it to his face?' is a great motto for life in general.

I'm staggered at Twitter at times. It's a great idea but crikey there are so many oddballs in this world.

Have to use Twitter for work related stuff but part from that don't bother. 

I think there's some issue with some folk whose lives are so shit they get a hit from knowing they have the power to provoke a reaction from people who they wish they were.

Social media has given this link. Twitter and Facebook is the worst of it.
Personally, I have no interest in the private lives of people I don't know and I assume nobody is interested in my private life either, so I don't go on it.

I'm genuinely surprised they give a monkeys when some idiot makes a comment - that's people for you, it's not a new phenomenon. If you let 8 billion people contact you, why would you be surprised the tiny minority of arseholes with their own impotence issues start 'shouting' abuse to make themselves feel important? I'd be more surprised if you didn't get any abuse. Hopefully, all the idolatry they also get makes up for it.

I'm guessing the clubs don't make them tweet, so I can only assume that the player, on balance, enjoys the experience.

At least they don't have to mix with those sort of people. I feel more sorry for the kids where the people making the comments are their school 'friends' and they are less equipped to deal with this sort of thing
(09-20-2021, 02:53 PM)fuzzbox Wrote: Personally, I have no interest in the private lives of people I don't know and I assume nobody is interested in my private life either, so I don't go on it.

I'm genuinely surprised they give a monkeys when some idiot makes a comment - that's people for you, it's not a new phenomenon. If you let 8 billion people contact you, why would you be surprised the tiny minority of arseholes with their own impotence issues start 'shouting' abuse to make themselves feel important? I'd be more surprised if you didn't get any abuse. Hopefully, all the idolatry they also get makes up for it.

I'm guessing the clubs don't make them tweet, so I can only assume that the player, on balance, enjoys the experience.

At least they don't have to mix with those sort of people. I feel more sorry for the kids where the people making the comments are their school 'friends' and they are less equipped to deal with this sort of thing

Spot on Fuzzbox. Nail on head. 

I see stuff on the Albion FB thread that it's a player's birthday and in 100 comments there's one or two calling them a waste of money or something similar. These braindead replies then provoke a handful of similar morons to like the reply. 

I don't do FB and this is my only social media outlet. If I was famous I wouldn't even look at the comments as I know there'd be twats looking for a reaction. 

All you're doing is allowing some fork-lift truck driver from Smethwick who is 38 and has never had a girlfriend, lives at home with his chain-smoking mum, to feel his pointless life has been recognised by an athlete earning more money in a week than he does in a year.
Meanwhile a Nick Kamen lookalike (apparently) comes onto a football forum to slag off some bloke from Smethwick who he's never met and who may actually be his illegitimate son from a casual conquest at a house party back in the wild old days.

Bloke from Smethwick's never met daddykins and has always yearned for a role model. Casually reads said forum while having a bog read as his forklift gets repaired, realises he resembles said remark, deletes his Facefuck account and does something more constructive with his spare time.

Like posting on a football forum instead. The butterfly effect in action  Big Grin .
(09-20-2021, 04:15 PM)GunsOfNavarone Wrote: Meanwhile a Nick Kamen lookalike (apparently) comes onto a football forum to slag off some bloke from Smethwick who he's never met and who may actually be his illegitimate son from a casual conquest at a house party back in the wild old days.

Bloke from Smethwick's never met daddykins and has always yearned for a role model. Casually reads said forum while having a bog read as his forklift gets repaired, realises he resembles said remark, deletes his Facefuck account and does something more constructive with his spare time.

Like posting on a football forum instead. The butterfly effect in action  Big Grin .

Was that the house party in Tividale in 1982 after the night in the Hen and Chickens? ?
(09-20-2021, 04:42 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(09-20-2021, 04:15 PM)GunsOfNavarone Wrote: Meanwhile a Nick Kamen lookalike (apparently) comes onto a football forum to slag off some bloke from Smethwick who he's never met and who may actually be his illegitimate son from a casual conquest at a house party back in the wild old days.

Was that the house party in Tividale in 1982 after the night in the Hen and Chickens? ?

No idea but let's not confuse the poor lad, he's only just found ya Nick. Don't duck your responsibilities as a guiding light in an otherwise disappointing world. Who knows where it could lead? Watch your back if Jeremy Kyle ever gets back on air.