Brexit Gains 2
(08-10-2022, 05:56 AM)JOK Wrote:
(08-10-2022, 12:11 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Not really hindsight though was it?

Here we go again. Here is question #846 that will not be answered.

If our current situation is caused or exacerbated by Brexit, how come the rest of Europe is also experiencing high inflation, fuel poverty, labour shortages, rise in Food Bank use etc. to the same extent or worse  as the U.K.?
(Apart from France whose inflation rate has not quite hit 7% yet)
Perhaps we could ask a German motorist if Brexit is to blame for his sky high petrol costs!
“Germany: Gas Prices Reach all Time High”

berlinspectator.com/2022/03/09/germany-gas-prices-reach-all-time-highs-3/  
Another of those “Random” web sites I use, you know the ones like this, from an actual German article which, apparently, have no relevance!

It’s back to the old “Rocketing timber prices, building materials in short supply, HGV driver shortages etc all caused by Brexit yet all worldwide problems. How come?  

Any update on Mr. Bannister’s quote yet?  Angel

The problem we've got vs those countries is that they have or are looking to put some help in place for their citizens. We have a self-inflicted Brexit that has tied one arm behind our back and a Government that doesn't give a fuck about anyone but itself. The perfect shitstorm.
(08-16-2022, 09:39 AM)Ted Maul Wrote:
(08-10-2022, 05:56 AM)JOK Wrote: If our current situation is caused or exacerbated by Brexit, how come the rest of Europe is also experiencing high inflation, fuel poverty, labour shortages, rise in Food Bank use etc. to the same extent or worse  as the U.K.?

It’s back to the old “Rocketing timber prices, building materials in short supply, HGV driver shortages etc all caused by Brexit yet all worldwide problems. How come?  

The problem we've got vs those countries is that they have or are looking to put some help in place for their citizens. We have a self-inflicted Brexit that has tied one arm behind our back and a Government that doesn't give a fuck about anyone but itself. The perfect shitstorm.

Again, Did I imagine then the, targeted, £150 council tax rebate? Have I misread about a £400 per household energy rebate due soon? Have I not remembered correctly a reduction on fuel duty? So far! Did you forget those? 

So, I’ll ask you, if the problems we have are caused by Brexit, what are those countries same problems caused by ?
(08-16-2022, 01:54 PM)JOK Wrote:
(08-16-2022, 09:39 AM)Ted Maul Wrote:
(08-10-2022, 05:56 AM)JOK Wrote: If our current situation is caused or exacerbated by Brexit, how come the rest of Europe is also experiencing high inflation, fuel poverty, labour shortages, rise in Food Bank use etc. to the same extent or worse  as the U.K.?

Again, Did I imagine then the, targeted, £150 council tax rebate? Have I misread about a £400 per household energy rebate due soon? Have I not remembered correctly a reduction on fuel duty? So far! Did you forget those? 

So, I’ll ask you, if the problems we have are caused by Brexit, what are those countries same problems caused by ?

Well I think we all know that the rise in inflation, particularly energy prices are primarily caused by the fallout from covid and the war in Ukraine.

The argument is whether Brexit helps, hinders or has little effect on our battles to counter inflation.

I would argue it slightly hinders, but that might rise to greatly hinders if we become embroiled in a trade war with the EU over the NI protocol.

Ultimately the economic performance of this country is determined by the economic competence of the Govt. 

Which is a bit scary considering who is likely to be our next PM.
Net neutrality is up for the can because the Tories hastily want to remove all EU legislation from the statute books instead of looking at them on a case-by-case basis.

Great job!
Any benefits yet ?
ReesMogg must have found a few by now !
https://www.ft.com/content/45ee4f55-8f73...c5d27d1aab

UK security at ‘severe risk’ without reliable satellite access, MPs warn

Taking back control is going well
https://www.ft.com/content/088d3368-bb8b...680d4d81b2

It's clear to see from this that high inflation has a direct correlation to the gas and electric prices being charged to consumers hitting Germany & Italy particularly hard, whereas in the UK this is only partially true. Here it's not just gas and oil driving inflation.

The inflation we're suffering is self inflicted from Brexit from both demand and a cost push basis. The demand for goods held up and a cost push for it being simply more paperwork to deal with the uk and post CoVid restarting the economy we don't have the labour resource as all those foreigners we didn't want have fucked off back home. Seems we maybe did need some afterall.

A perfect shitstorm to hit many countries, but we're getting it harder because of Brexit. I'm not sure why Brexiteers deny this, it was expected to get worse before getting better, Farage accepted this (the day after the vote). I would have thought Brexiteers would be spending their time showing us how it can be better now and where we 're heading to deliver the sunny uplands in the future.

Seems they can't.
滚开赖