Match Fred
(08-21-2021, 06:54 PM)ElbowGrease1973 Wrote:
(08-21-2021, 04:09 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Do we get a prize if we predicted the score correctly?

A bacon sarnie (with lashings of red sauce of course)

MCW

(08-21-2021, 07:43 PM)74bus Wrote:
(08-21-2021, 07:29 PM)wba13 Wrote:
(08-21-2021, 07:22 PM)74bus Wrote:
(08-21-2021, 03:24 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(08-21-2021, 03:13 PM)HugeHons Wrote: Another goal from a long throw

Tit Big Grin

No blame on SJ there… it’s going to happen at times this season.

Livermore showed up for pace in the build up, misses his tackle, and SJ maybe a little too indecisive coming off his line.

We still need midfield reinforcements… bookings being accumulated too.

It's amazing how things turn around. I've always rated Johnstone and remember being dissed on here for suggesting he might one day play for England, but a year or so ago, he was blamed for nearly every goal we let in. Now, he goes walkabout twice and the opposition are let into games that they had no right to contest, but that seems to be accepted.
I do appreciate that we need a sweeper keeper with this system, and that can lead to mistakes, but I can't accept that he has been totally blameless over the last couple of games.

Leave it out no blame on anyone we could  have been 5 up. Just got back and the away fans are right behind our entire squad. We look a excellent side in this division and Blackburn only created 1 other chance. 23 shots 11 on target and hit the woodwork 4 times and your laying the blame
I really don't think the fact that we had 23 shots and hit the woodwork four times had anything to do with Johnstone, so I can't see what that has to do with my post. I do agree that we were much the better side, and we should have won easily. Cut out the silly mistakes at the back and we should go very close to winning this division.

Give up, 74.  Ypou can't play chess with piGeons.
(08-21-2021, 02:50 PM)Sliced Wrote: Boom! What a shock it is that Grant is effective when played in the right position !

Grant got played left side fair bit last season and was truly awful 

That said today was the first time I’ve thought he’s ever looked like a footballer
(08-21-2021, 09:40 PM)Baggeridgebaggy Wrote:
(08-21-2021, 02:50 PM)Sliced Wrote: Boom! What a shock it is that Grant is effective when played in the right position !

That said today was the first time I’ve thought he’s ever looked like a footballer

Ive been one of his biggest critics, but the only thing missing from him at moment is more goals his overall play has been excellent so far and 2 assists in 2 games tells me he is doing something right, plus he is actually playing with a smile on his face ,keep up the good work lad.
TETLEY74 Wrote:
Baggeridgebaggy Wrote:
Sliced Wrote:Boom! What a shock it is that Grant is effective when played in the right position !

Ive been one of his biggest critics, but the only thing missing from him at moment is more goals his overall play has been excellent so far and 2 assists in 2 games tells me he is doing something right, plus he is actually playing with a smile on his face ,keep up the good work lad.

The last few games, Grant has been excellent. Really unlucky to get subbed after his goal last week when I would have backed him to get another.