Onto tonight
(08-06-2021, 12:00 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(08-06-2021, 11:57 AM)Sliced Wrote: New league, new manager, promising pre-season. Lots of reasons to be excited and optimistic; I can't wait

Sounds like Sheff Utd at home in the 80's  Big Grin Big Grin

First game I took my Mrs to. 0-3, she said “Your not very good are you?”
B365 have us at 15/8 to win which feels generous tbh.
I've been to every game there in the last 40years. Saw us dick them in the league Cup a few years back but I'm struggling to remember the last league win. Speedie 1-0 springs to mind.
I'm just hoping to see an energetic performance and interested to see Six's Albion at work. First game of the season a result isn't vital, more interested in the performance level and contribution of players.
(08-06-2021, 02:52 PM)Peachy Wrote: I've been to every game there in the last 40years. Saw us dick them in the league Cup a few years back but I'm struggling to remember the last league win. Speedie 1-0 springs to mind.

Thats the one.  Midweek under Ossie.

Cant recall any others in league or cup in that 40 year era. doubt we would have played them much prior to the late 80s
(08-06-2021, 12:04 PM)MancBaggie Wrote:
(08-06-2021, 12:00 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(08-06-2021, 11:57 AM)Sliced Wrote: New league, new manager, promising pre-season. Lots of reasons to be excited and optimistic; I can't wait

Sounds like Sheff Utd at home in the 80's  Big Grin Big Grin

Arf - first home game that.  We had already lost at Hull by then....

Been a long while since we have won at Bournemouth in the league.....

Had we Manc?

I was sure it was first game of the season when Deane and the other fella up top destroyed us, Blades in their bright green away kit, any pre season hope was pissed all over inside 60 minutes!

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
(08-06-2021, 03:09 PM)MancBaggie Wrote:
(08-06-2021, 02:52 PM)Peachy Wrote: I've been to every game there in the last 40years. Saw us dick them in the league Cup a few years back but I'm struggling to remember the last league win. Speedie 1-0 springs to mind.

Cant recall any others in league or cup in that 40 year era. doubt we would have played them much prior to the late 80s

I remember Pulis scoring against us one year. Not sure if that was the 3-2 deafet when Goodman and gray scored. Also remember Efan Ekouku bagging a winner for them from a terribly miss hit back pass by Chris Whyte.

Due a win that's for sure.

I was there that night, Speedie lob and we won 1-0, Pulis managing them from memory

Also there under Irvine when he played the stiffs in the last 8 of the league cup and we got done 2-1, maybe 3-1 from memory??

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
(08-06-2021, 03:16 PM)Cuzer Wrote:

I was there that night, Speedie lob and we won 1-0, Pulis managing them from memory

Also there under Irvine when he played the stiffs in the last 8 of the league cup and we got done 2-1, maybe 3-1 from memory??

Cuzer

Was that the game where samara levelled for us late on only for them to go straight down the other end and. Bag the winner. Think Callum Wilson won it.
(08-06-2021, 03:16 PM)Peachy Wrote:
(08-06-2021, 03:09 PM)MancBaggie Wrote:

I remember Pulis scoring against us one year. Not sure if that was the 3-2 deafet when Goodman and gray scored. Also remember Efan Ekouku bagging a winner for them from a terribly miss hit back pass by Chris Whyte.

Due a win that's for sure.

TTITC defo bagged in that Christmas defeat under Big Ron.  That other game might have been under Talbot the season after (bad winter run after Goodman got crocked)

(08-06-2021, 03:16 PM)Cuzer Wrote:

Cuzer

Thats the one - Pulis just took over.