Why couldn't last night's match...
...have been switched to The Hawthorns?

Was the debate amongst some buffoons on Twitter.
Twitter is really filled with the braindead.
The reaction to the game being called off was absolutely superb from some of the Twitter lot.
Why couldn’t they have just gone down the park?

Jumpers for goalposts, get two of the subs to run the line…
(07-28-2021, 07:52 AM)Duffers Wrote: Why couldn’t they have just gone down the park?

Jumpers for goalposts, get two of the subs to run the line…

The subs were busy at warsaw, they were the only thing that could cope with that amount of water  Big Grin
someone actually suggested this;

" They could have used the astro pitch behind the ground at Bescot "
Couldn't they have just fenced off the waterlogged corner?
Some of the replies were a little stupid. But there was lots of frustration around last night. A lot of folks had been waiting 18mths to go to a game, reflected in the fact that 3,500 tickets sold out in less than a day. For it to be called off late on was a sickener. A mates little lad was inconsolable as it was meant to be his first game. The fact that pitches at local non-league grounds were fine and games going ahead added to that frustration. For a professional team to have a pitch that cant cope with a 1hr downpour is pretty poor IMO.
(07-28-2021, 09:47 AM)MrFizz Wrote: Some of the replies were a little stupid. But there was lots of frustration around last night. A lot of folks had been waiting 18mths to go to a game, reflected in the fact that 3,500 tickets sold out in less than a day. For it to be called off late on was a sickener. A mates little lad was inconsolable as it was meant to be his first game. The fact that pitches at local non-league grounds were fine and games going ahead added to that frustration. For a professional team to have a pitch that cant cope with a 1hr downpour is pretty poor IMO.

100% agree with this. We had a nightmare journey only to find it abandoned when we got to the ground.Really frustrating. 

Seeing Tamworth play last night whilst kids coaching sessions are being played on the Lamb pitch all week made it that bit more frustrating. Poor from Walsall imo.
(07-28-2021, 09:47 AM)MrFizz Wrote: Some of the replies were a little stupid. But there was lots of frustration around last night. A lot of folks had been waiting 18mths to go to a game, reflected in the fact that 3,500 tickets sold out in less than a day. For it to be called off late on was a sickener. A mates little lad was inconsolable as it was meant to be his first game. The fact that pitches at local non-league grounds were fine and games going ahead added to that frustration. For a professional team to have a pitch that cant cope with a 1hr downpour is pretty poor IMO.

I think your being a bit hard on Walsall there. Did you see the pictures of the roads after a deluge, remember the roads have drains and they can’t cope, so how is a football pitch supposed to.I I don’t think they had any option but to postpone it. I pulled up at the ground with my Grandchildren going to there 1st away match, yes they were disappointed but you cannot make allowances for the weather. I’m lucky as I said last night hopefully everything will be fine when I take them to Blues on Saturday. Another thing do you really think that Walsall wanted to call it off, they have missed out on a lot of money they cannot afford to miss out on.