Second Jab
The only luck I have is bad luck but I can honestly say I had no adverse reactions following either AZ jab. Which  means I'm most likely an unwitting participant in a fuggin placebo effect trial.......  Angel  Big Grin .
Has anyone seen the story in today's Torygraph?

If like me you've had an Indian dose of AZ you don't qualify for an EU vaccine passport.
(07-02-2021, 07:22 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: Has anyone seen the story in today's Torygraph?

If like me you've had an Indian dose of AZ you don't qualify for an EU vaccine passport.

Indian-made Oxford doses didn't request EMA approval as they thought that they would only be supplied to developing nations. Only EMA approved vaccines are eligible. This has been known for ages, it's an easy fix but it's up to the manufacturer to address.

Sinovac and Sputnik also aren't eligible (rightly so, they're useless) which isn't going to go down well in Hungary.
(07-02-2021, 07:36 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(07-02-2021, 07:22 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: Has anyone seen the story in today's Torygraph?

Indian-made Oxford doses didn't request EMA approval as they thought that they would only be supplied to developing nations. Only EMA approved vaccines are eligible. This has been known for ages, it's an easy fix but it's up to the manufacturer to address.

Sinovac and Sputnik also aren't eligible (rightly so, they're useless) which isn't going to go down well in Hungary.

I’m in no way anti-Vax but I’m not sure I’d take anything produced in Russia.

It's just another cheap shot by the EU. It won't go down well in the tourist nations either.

WHO approved vaccines need to be the gold standard, not EMA.
(07-02-2021, 07:45 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:

It's just another cheap shot by the EU. It won't go down well in the tourist nations either.

No it isn't. The EU vaccine passport is only relevant for 31 countries (EU and EEA), none of which have approved that vaccine as it was supposed to be targeted towards developing countries that would have difficulty securing the vaccine otherwise. Travel arrangements to third countries (like the UK) will be done on a case-by-case basis for each nation, Spain and Greece are both accepting the Indian-made Oxford vaccine as per the NHS Covid pass thingy. The only vaccines actually excluded are Sputnik and Sinovac which Hungary approved independently and the EMA hasn't. The only people affected by the Indian made Oxford ban would be those resident or citizens of those 31 nations that got vaccinated with that vaccine in a third country that is offering them.

And the EU's issue is with AZ, the vaccine being manufactured in India might be functionally the same but it isn't anything to do with AZ. Approval of the vaccine is a formality as it's the same as the AZ one but the manufacturer needs to request it which they haven't as they aren't exporting it to the EU or EEA.
(07-02-2021, 07:57 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(07-02-2021, 07:45 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:

No it isn't. The EU vaccine passport is only relevant for 31 countries (EU and EEA), none of which have approved that vaccine as it was supposed to be targeted towards developing countries that would have difficulty securing the vaccine otherwise. Travel arrangements to third countries (like the UK) will be done on a case-by-case basis for each nation, Spain and Greece are both accepting the Indian-made Oxford vaccine as per the NHS Covid pass thingy. The only vaccines actually excluded are Sputnik and Sinovac which Hungary approved independently and the EMA hasn't. The only people affected by the Indian made Oxford ban would be those resident or citizens of those 31 nations that got vaccinated with that vaccine in a third country that is offering them.

And the EU's issue is with AZ, the vaccine being manufactured in India might be functionally the same but it isn't anything to do with AZ. Approval of the vaccine is a formality as it's the same as the AZ one but the manufacturer needs to request it which they haven't as they aren't exporting it to the EU or EEA.

And EU guidance is for EU member states to only accept EMA approved vaccines. Germany won't accept it; they won't even accept double jabbed Brits with Pfizer unless they quarantine.
That's Germany's decision, it's entirely unrelated to the EU and the vaccine passport.
(07-02-2021, 08:31 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: That's Germany's decision, it's entirely unrelated to the EU.
Are you saying that EU countries have controls over their own borders?
(07-02-2021, 08:31 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: That's Germany's decision, it's entirely unrelated to the EU and the vaccine passport.

Whatever, mate.

Good luck with trying to enter some European countries (and possibly other world countries) if you don't have a vaccine that meets their approval status.