Mowatt
(07-02-2021, 09:13 PM)B36baggie Wrote: Mowatt is a spit for the actor who was locked up with Sean Bean in time.

Yes!

Thank you...
(07-02-2021, 05:19 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(07-02-2021, 04:50 PM)Psalm23 Wrote:
(07-02-2021, 04:27 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(07-02-2021, 03:22 PM)Ampadu's Left Boot Wrote: Midfield was our weakest point in the last promotion, we severely lacked energy and toughness there and if Slav had corrected this in January I think we would have gone on to win the title rather than limping over the line in second.

This is a very good signing, but I'm still hopeful centre midfield can be given a total revamp with another signing or two before the season starts.

Agree with this… quite how we’ve neglected central midfield for so long escapes me… 
We need at least one more STARTING central midfielder, and then after assessing if Saywers has learned how to run, and quite how many McDonalds Livermore has had daily over the summer we may need a third.

TBF to Jakey boy, he looks as fit as a butcher's dog, on the video of the return to training.

has obviously got wind that the new manager wants him to run about a bit.

The official account seemed to make a point of showing a slimmed down Livermore (especially on the arms and torso) jumping around.
Thing with Jake, people assume he's on the KFC/Big John diet. Looks to me he's far from that. He puts on too much upper body muscle bulk. Traditionally the best footballers have always carried a low centre of balance. Livermore needs a better coach, he can do all that bodybuilding when he's retired. My onions, any road.
(07-02-2021, 10:00 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: Thing with Jake, people assume he's on the KFC/Big John diet. Looks to me he's far from that. He puts on too much upper body muscle bulk. Traditionally the best  footballers have always carried a low centre of balance. Livermore needs a better coach, he can do all that bodybuilding when he's retired. My onions, any road.

Prior to joining us, Jake had an engine but very little else. TCITC bulked him up and his game really suffered for it. Moore was too much of a soft touch and whilst he started well under Bilic the lack of fitness training really cost him.

I think Livermore is someone who will follow instruction but needs someone to really manage and push his fitness. I’m not writing him off having a good season under VI, as he’s certainly got the mental toughness and motivation to give everything he has, it’s just whether he can keep the weight off and if his age will let him do it.
(07-02-2021, 10:00 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: Thing with Jake, people assume he's on the KFC/Big John diet. Looks to me he's far from that. He puts on too much upper body muscle bulk. Traditionally the best  footballers have always carried a low centre of balance. Livermore needs a better coach, he can do all that bodybuilding when he's retired. My onions, any road.

This is the thing with footballers. We get so much wrong on body shape, and they say the camera makes people look heavier anyhow. I met that big lump Milosevic who played for Villa in the 90s at his peak and many said he was too heavy. He was similar height to me but looked about a stone lighter, which amazed me, as he looked bulky on the box. 
Livermore probably just needs a good fitness coach.
(07-02-2021, 10:37 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:

This is the thing with footballers. We get so much wrong on body shape, and they say the camera makes people look heavier anyhow. I met that big lump Milosevic who played for Villa in the 90s at his peak and many said he was too heavy. He was similar height to me but looked about a stone lighter, which amazed me, as he looked bulky on the box. 

He's had some grim times in his life and I wonder if he lifts too much as a way of coping. He's never looked fat, just too much bulky upper body muscle, which slows him down.
Are we saying that he just needs a good pre season?
(07-03-2021, 02:08 AM)Squid Wrote:
(07-02-2021, 10:37 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:

He's had some grim times in his life and I wonder if he lifts too much as a way of coping. He's never looked fat, just too much bulky upper body muscle, which slows him down.

Apparently Livermore is about 5' 11 and is a touch under 12stone.