GB News
(03-02-2022, 08:56 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: This channel needs to be taken off the air and banned from being shown online, at least RT is overt in presenting itself as a Russian propaganda outfit. Some of the shit being spouted by Farage and Neil Oliver sounds like it's being fed directly from the Kremlin. The financial links between Legatum (a primary financier of the channel) and the Russian state being presented in today's Mail are also not good.

I'm not one for censorship and am reluctant to ban RT due to potential limitations of broadcast and operations of the BBC in Russia but that doesn't apply here.

It’s a piss poor Fox News. What makes me shake my head in disbelief is their audience think they are patriotic. There is a big difference wrapping oneself in a flag and actually being patriotic.
I actually watched RT the other night to see what they were saying, ether were a couple of articles on the failure of the Ukranian state and how it would be better under Russian control which were very strained, you could actually see the presenter struggling and having to force the line of discussion. But it actually showed the UN Extraordinary meeting where Russia got a real bollocking from the other nations and took away it's veto on Security Council matters.
Now known as KGB News.
(03-02-2022, 05:52 PM)bradesbaggie Wrote: Now known as KGB News.

Yes, major shareholder in GB News named in Parliament as suspected Russian agent.
(03-02-2022, 08:56 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: This channel needs to be taken off the air and banned from being shown online, at least RT is overt in presenting itself as a Russian propaganda outfit. Some of the shit being spouted by Farage and Neil Oliver sounds like it's being fed directly from the Kremlin. The financial links between Legatum (a primary financier of the channel) and the Russian state being presented in today's Mail are also not good.

I'm not one for censorship and am reluctant to ban RT due to potential limitations of broadcast and operations of the BBC in Russia but that doesn't apply here.

Not sure which GBNews you have been watching. At the risk of having my YouTube suggestions inundated with GBNews clips I thought I’d check.

“We in the west have often been right, that much is certain and at times we have moved heaven and earth to make as much of the world as possible, mirror our own rightness but being right doesn’t stop others looking on at us and wishing we were out of the way, that we would stop being who we are and doing what we do. Those people are prepared to do things we would consider unthinkable, to make that so. Just because we are right and they are wrong, actually wrong in terms of the ultimate rule book, will not necessarily make them change their ways.“  Neil Oliver. 5/3/‘22.    Doesn’t sound like a Kremlin “feed” to me.

Re NATO fear about MAD; “For me, emotionally, I feel we should be doing a lot more. Emotionally I want to get involved but it’s one hell of a risk.
What Putin has done is completely and utterly outrageous, he is an international pariah”. Nigel Farage 02/3/’22

Re Putin, “The only problem with toppling someone who has been there for 22 years, it’s hard to imagine the chaos that might be next but that’s not a reason for not doing it.”.  Nigel Farage, 28/2/’22

“Putin, facing defeat could be at his worst and very most dangerous.”  Vladimir Putin is finished”  28/2/’02

“If we want to avoid this war, we have to make compromises. You have to put yourself in the mind of the other person on the other side to work out what it is  they are thinking, what is it they are wanting.  They see the threat of the Ukraine joining NATO as us encroaching on them”  Nigel Farage 15/02/’22

“The only thing sanctions will do is push him closer to China … that doesn’t suit us as a world for Russia and China to get closer together.  If we don’t defend the integrity of NATO now and that means Poland and Estonia, then the west is finished.” Nigel Farage.  25/2/’22.
   Doesn’t sound like a Kremlin “feed” to me.

Yet again, let’s just make a bald statement without evidence and hope it’s not questioned.

Strange that some, hate the thought of a, perceived, one sided and perceived right wing news outlet but more than happy to have the Guardian in existence. People are free to ignore one or the other if they disagree with them. Ironic you don’t get the Right wing, ‘fascist’ Mail readers or GBNews viewers calling for the banning of the Guardian,  the Mirror, the Morning Star, the New Statesman or the Tribune.

Oh, I love the line, “I’m not one for censorship…” in a post which starts with the call to ban an outlet. Precious.
Perfectly reputable ‘news’ channel!
(03-11-2022, 04:32 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Perfectly reputable ‘news’ channel!

Fucking hell.
(03-11-2022, 11:26 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(03-11-2022, 04:32 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Perfectly reputable ‘news’ channel!

Fucking hell.

Jesus. I know credibility flew out of the window some months ago, but - good grief.
From an unlikely source,

https://twitter.com/TPostMillennial/stat...age%2F2%2F