Overpaid knee jerkers
(06-11-2021, 10:17 PM)Bortolazzi's Barnet Wrote:
(06-11-2021, 09:25 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: We have one of the best strikers in the world who almost guarantees goals. We play 3 attacking midfielders behind him, of which we have a selection the envy of every team at the tournament. We have excellent choices at full back. And can build a very stable central midfield base for those attackers.

We do lack in central defence and we aren't blessed with a truly top class keeper, but this to me is better than the Golden Generation.

There isn't anyone here in 2021 as good as Lampard, Gerrard, Terry, Ferdinand, Rooney, Cole. The rest are much of a muchness.

Kane and Sancho.

Also, Mount was a key player for the European champions, Bellingham played 40 games for BVB and this team would beat the 2004 and 2006 teams because they actually try to play as a team.
(06-11-2021, 10:28 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(06-11-2021, 10:17 PM)Bortolazzi's Barnet Wrote:
(06-11-2021, 09:25 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: We have one of the best strikers in the world who almost guarantees goals. We play 3 attacking midfielders behind him, of which we have a selection the envy of every team at the tournament. We have excellent choices at full back. And can build a very stable central midfield base for those attackers.

We do lack in central defence and we aren't blessed with a truly top class keeper, but this to me is better than the Golden Generation.

There isn't anyone here in 2021 as good as Lampard, Gerrard, Terry, Ferdinand, Rooney, Cole. The rest are much of a muchness.

As good as those players were individually they never achieved anything internationally.

Southgate has already taken a team further in an international tournament than they ever managed.

This is true but we didn't have the hardest route to the Semis. Not that I'd have complained if we won.

But I think France would have mullered us 9 times out of 10, anyway.

But yes, the 'GG' came up woefully short of hopes/expectations - however the players I mention would all be in the first team if they were around today.
(06-11-2021, 09:41 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(06-11-2021, 09:39 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote:

Two little words. Tyrone Mings.

Only likely to play until Maguire is fit. And yes, he's weak, but ge is a Premiership defender, he should be up to Croatia.

I scoff at your comment, you said "should"... pha ha ha ha ah!!1!
Looks like Sterling starting which is a mystery to me.

Lump it high and long into our 6 yard box. A Pulis team would beat England.
(06-12-2021, 07:47 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:

Really? Based on what?

I mean, we swat away plenty of Pulis-esque teams in most qualifying campaigns.
(06-11-2021, 09:25 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: We have one of the best strikers in the world who almost guarantees goals. We play 3 attacking midfielders behind him, of which we have a selection the envy of every team at the tournament. We have excellent choices at full back. And can build a very sta
[quote pid="341877" dateline="1623446749"]
We do lack in central defence and we aren't blessed with a truly top classble central midfield base for those attackers.

[/quote]

Pfft. Have you not watched the Albion this past season?  Dodgy

Absolutely spot on......Croatia will no doubt hit balls on the diagonal into the area of the penalty spot. (Known internationally as the English corridor of uncertainty)
(06-12-2021, 08:50 AM)Black Lake Victoria Wrote:

Absolutely spot on......Croatia will no doubt hit balls on the diagonal into the area of the penalty spot. (Known internationally as the English corridor of uncertainty)
In theory, that should be the easiest thing to deal with.
England have ONE 'World Class' player in the captain.

Beyond that, there's not a great deal imo other than hype about young stars and I just haven't seen it yet. Hope I'm wrong but I can't see past the round of 16.