Today at the cricket
Glad I only went for the first two days  Smile

It was the brittle middle order that has cost us. I thought our bowlers stuck to their task in conditions that favoured the batsmen. 300 was never going to be enough, particularly when you saw how well Stone and Wood batted. 

I'm impressed with the Kiwi's strength in depth, considering how many players they've got missing. When we have the likes of Stokes and Buttler back, we're a match for anyone, but we clearly don't have adequate replacements.
(06-12-2021, 08:02 PM)ElbowGrease1973 Wrote: Glad I only went for the first two days  Smile

It was the brittle middle order that has cost us. I thought our bowlers stuck to their task in conditions that favoured the batsmen. 300 was never going to be enough, particularly when you saw how well Stone and Wood batted. 

I'm impressed with the Kiwi's strength in depth, considering how many players they've got missing. When we have the likes of Stokes and Buttler back, we're a match for anyone, but we clearly don't have adequate replacements.

I don't share your enthusiasm for our openers. Whoever we select, they are a wicket walking.
(06-12-2021, 10:06 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(06-12-2021, 08:02 PM)ElbowGrease1973 Wrote: Glad I only went for the first two days  Smile

I don't share your enthusiasm for our openers. Whoever we select, they are a wicket walking.
I wouldn't say I'm enthusiastic about them Tom, but they’re less of an issue than our middle order. Give me Cook and Strauss any day of the week though!
FFS. one fucking ball.   Angry
Should have declared overnight, without Stokes, Butler, Woakes Archer we are crap. Put Malan at 3, reset find the best 5 top order batsmen in the country and play them. Mind you were used to this crap from English Cricket one day our test team might perform like our one day side and give us hope.