Out drinking whilst off sick...
Something I'm sure everyone, except perhaps the Working Class Tory Lads on here, have done at one point.

But if rumbled and sacked, I'd not have had the brass bollocks to take it to tribunal.  I certainly wouldn't have expected to win.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-57411812
One trick I played a couple of times many moons ago is when phoning in sick have a container of water handy. I'd then say how bad I felt, run off to the bog, make honking noises and chuck the water down the bog, all within audible distance. The reply "You sound really bad!" was all I needed to then go back to bed or zip off and do something else. Never been caught out while doing it though!
(06-09-2021, 01:37 PM)Fido Wrote: One trick I played a couple of times many moons ago is when phoning in sick have a container of water handy. I'd then say how bad I felt, run off to the bog, make honking noises and chuck the water down the bog, all within audible distance. The reply "You sound really bad!" was all I needed to then go back to bed or zip off and do something else. Never been caught out while doing it though!

I like your style Fido!  Smile
I once phoned in sick from Glastonbury.

Luckily still being really fucked from the night before helped the performance.
(06-09-2021, 01:42 PM)Duffers Wrote: I once phoned in sick from Glastonbury.

Glastonbury would make ME sick.

(06-09-2021, 01:29 PM)DJPunkRoc Wrote: Something I'm sure everyone, except perhaps the Working Class Tory Lads on here, have done at one point.

But if rumbled and sacked, I'd not have had the brass bollocks to take it to tribunal.  I certainly wouldn't have expected to win.

His ailment is chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and he's oot smerkin a tab
A younger lad who worked for me would quite regularly phone up and ask for a day’s holiday when he was too hungover to work. I seldom had a problem with it as I admired his honesty.
(06-09-2021, 01:54 PM)HawkingsHalfpint Wrote: A younger lad who worked for me would quite regularly phone up and ask for a day’s holiday when he was too hungover to work. I seldom had a problem with it as I admired his honesty.

Well, if he was losing a day's holiday pay, that's the price of drinking alcopops to excess.  Double whammy.
(06-09-2021, 01:37 PM)Fido Wrote: One trick I played a couple of times many moons ago is when phoning in sick have a container of water handy. I'd then say how bad I felt, run off to the bog, make honking noises and chuck the water down the bog, all within audible distance. The reply "You sound really bad!" was all I needed to then go back to bed or zip off and do something else. Never been caught out while doing it though!

My trick was always to ring in directly after getting up in the morning without clearing my throat or having a morning cough. The vocals and nasal passages are still a bit phlegmy and it sounded like I was realistically under the weather without me trying to put on some riskily false sounding sick voice. 

Always remember ringing in, and speaking to my manager who sympathetically said that I sounded really rough. I ended the call and did a fist pump at one of life's small victories.

Something similar used to good effect by Ferris Bueller.
(06-09-2021, 01:52 PM)hudds Wrote:
(06-09-2021, 01:42 PM)Duffers Wrote: I once phoned in sick from Glastonbury.

Glastonbury would make ME sick.

(06-09-2021, 01:29 PM)DJPunkRoc Wrote: Something I'm sure everyone, except perhaps the Working Class Tory Lads on here, have done at one point.

His ailment is chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and he's oot smerkin a tab

Cause and effect ay it.