Appie in the qualities...
(05-29-2021, 09:47 PM)Sliced Wrote:
(05-29-2021, 08:12 PM)Squid Wrote: Appleton is a special bloke. If we don't get him in now, will we be left wondering "What if?".

I don't think so to be honest. I have a feeling the opportunity to take Appy will be relatively constant.

If he starts doing the business for Lincoln in the championship then maybe, but until he's had some sort of non clusterfuck championship experience it's too soon.

This.

He's chance here will come, and I'm excited for it.
Not overly enamored by nany of the choices but Appleton would be mine
(05-29-2021, 08:12 PM)Squid Wrote: Appleton is a special bloke. If we don't get him in now, will we be left wondering "What if?".

I don't think so to be honest. I have a feeling the opportunity to take Appy will be relatively constant.

If he starts doing the business for Lincoln in the championship then maybe, but until he's had some sort of non clusterfuck championship experience it's too soon.

He will then have outgrown us. We need to get him in ASAP.
(05-30-2021, 06:29 AM)Super_Slav Wrote:

Nonsense.

There's only the elite managers that you could probably say would never manage us. Mangers climb the ladder and then fall from grace pretty quickly.

Take Lampard as an example. He was top of the league with Chelsea a few months back and topping their champions league group and now he's interested in managing us.

Appleton might well move on to higher things if we don't take him but his time will come back around again.

FWIW I think he is a better manager than a lot on here give him credit for and I'd be delighted if we appointed him but equally I'm not going to lose sleep over it. Wilder, Roy or Lampard would do a decent job imo.
(05-30-2021, 08:00 AM)Peachy Wrote:
(05-30-2021, 06:29 AM)Super_Slav Wrote:

Nonsense.

There's only the elite managers that you could probably say would never manage us. Mangers climb the ladder and then fall from grace pretty quickly.

Take Lampard as an example. He was top of the league with Chelsea a few months back and topping their champions league group and now he's interested in managing us.

Appleton might well move on to higher things if we don't take him but his time will come back around again.

FWIW I think he is a better manager than a lot on here give him credit for and I'd be delighted if we appointed him but equally I'm not going to lose sleep over it. Wilder, Roy or Lampard would do a decent job imo.

Agree Peachy. Actually shows that we aren’t as “badly” run as a many on here think.

To have Wilder, Lampard and potentially Hodgson interested shows that Luke Dowling had done a decent job.

Yea, he’s made mistakes. Who hasn’t?

But we’ve actually got a “nucleus” of a decent Championship XI.

Diangana, Robinson & Grant could potentially be an explosive front 3 next season.
Neil Critchley the Blackpool manager would be a better option. Don't get this obsession with wanting ex players as managers.
Appy been on the 'roids? Big Grin
I think Lincoln were very much second-best today. They got off to a great start, yet allowed Blackpool to gain control of the game.

Appleton is clearly a decent coach but on today’s showing nothing convinces me he’s worth pining for above all of the other options.
(05-30-2021, 03:53 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Neil Critchley the Blackpool manager would be a better option. Don't get this obsession with wanting ex players as managers.
I want Appleton. Not because he's an ex player.., he hardly played for us! But a real knowledge of the club, and history with us is a big plus. Knowledge of lower league players must be a positive. And he seems a very respected coach by people in the game.
I also like the idea of a young ambitious man on the way up. It's worked well for us in the past.
(05-30-2021, 03:53 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Neil Critchley the Blackpool manager would be a better option. Don't get this obsession with wanting ex players as managers.

Critchley is an excellent coach too. Would certainly not be against it.