Appie in the qualities...
(05-30-2021, 04:02 PM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote:
(05-30-2021, 03:53 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Neil Critchley the Blackpool manager would be a better option. Don't get this obsession with wanting ex players as managers.
I want Appleton. Not because he's an ex player.., he hardly played for us! But a real knowledge of the club, and history with us is a big plus. Knowledge of lower league players must be a positive. And he seems a very respected coach by people in the game.
I also like the idea of a young ambitious man on the way up. It's worked well for us in the past.

And failed... Buckley springs to mind
(05-30-2021, 05:30 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(05-30-2021, 03:53 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Neil Critchley the Blackpool manager would be a better option. Don't get this obsession with wanting ex players as managers.
I want Appleton. Not because he's an ex player.., he hardly played for us! But a real knowledge of the club, and history with us is a big plus. Knowledge of lower league players must be a positive. And he seems a very respected coach by people in the game.
I also like the idea of a young ambitious man on the way up. It's worked well for us in the past.

More successes than failures in recent years - Clarke, RDM, Mowbray...
I rate Appleton a lot. I think he's probably best staying at Lincoln and trying to get them up. One step too far today, Blackpool were just too good for them. Still done a cracking job though.
(05-30-2021, 05:30 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote:

I'll see your Buckley.. and raise you a Megson!
I’d want Appleton. I always have despite being ok with BFS if he’d have been arsed.

Not because he briefly played for us but because he’s a bloody good coach who has learnt the hard way.
Getting Lincoln as far as he has is a great achievement.

They lost to Blackpool with a league one squad.

BFS lost to Blackpool with a Premier league squad 

Just sayin loik