Gross misconduct
BAWS sits on employment tribunals. He's advised me in the past.
Thank you so much for all the posts and the PMs too.

My relative did try to get a settlement agreement so that they could just leave with a clean record and the company were initially keen, but then changed their mind, saying they needed the disciplinary to happen. I think it's because the relative is quite senior in the company and they've spent a lot of time and money on the "investigatory process".

I completely agree that something needs to change, legally. This person has worked for the company for over 10 years, risen through the ranks, never off sick, nothing but praise for their work. But new management want to downsize and now they have been all but harassed out of their job. It's grim.

They are in a union, so will be provided with a solicitor if they decide to go the Acas/ET. Baggeridge who mentioned GDPR, a subject access request may well be very useful here.

Thanks again everyone, you're a good bunch.
(05-29-2021, 10:34 AM)Squid Wrote: Thank you so much for all the posts and the PMs too.

My relative did try to get a settlement agreement so that they could just leave with a clean record and the company were initially keen, but then changed their mind, saying they needed the disciplinary to happen. I think it's because the relative is quite senior in the company and they've spent a lot of time and money on the "investigatory process".

I completely agree that something needs to change, legally. This person has worked for the company for over 10 years, risen through the ranks, never off sick, nothing but praise for their work. But new management want to downsize and now they have been all but harassed out of their job. It's grim.

They are in a union, so will be provided with a solicitor if they decide to go the Acas/ET. Baggeridge who mentioned GDPR, a subject access request may well be very useful here.

Thanks again everyone, you're a good bunch.

Hope it all goes well.
(05-29-2021, 09:43 AM)Offside Wrote: BAWS sits on employment tribunals.  He's advised me in the past.

Maximum office temperatures?
(05-29-2021, 10:34 AM)Squid Wrote: GDPR, a subject access request may well be very useful here.
 Good advice